Welcome to Pixel Scrapper: we're glad to have you here! If you're having trouble with some aspect of the site, you're in the right place: we want to help! But first...
1. Upload a profile picture and fill out your profile (unless this is the problem you are having!). You can do this by clicking on the "My Profile" link underneath your username in the upper right-hand corner of the site (see screenshot). This lets us know that you are serious about being a community member at Pixel Scrapper, and you are much more likely to get prompt help.
2. If you are having trouble understanding something about Community Points or Download Credits , read through the support pages that I just linked to. Realize that community points and download credits are not the same thing. In brief:
- You get community points for interacting on the site, which accumulate, and which you should never lose.
- You get a certain number of download credits each day (based on how many community points you have accumulated), which are shown next to your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the site, and these go down every time you download something.
3. Read through the Support Pages. We have information available on:
- Download Credits
- Community Points
- Designer Requirements
- File Types
4. Glance over previous support requests in this forum, and see if your problem has been solved before.
5. If the site seems to be behaving strangely, try downloading and using a different browser, and see if that resolves the issue. We recommend Google Chrome, or Firefox. Sometimes a setting gets set in a browser which causes it not to work properly.
6. Please understand that this website is run by two people who don't get paid, and who work very hard. If you want us to take the time to help you, please indicate that you have taken the time to read through these guidelines and apply them.
- Please use clear, concise language, and describe your problem FULLY. Don't assume that we will automatically know what you are talking about.
- Let us know what operating system you are using (Windows, Mac), and what browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- If appropriate, upload a screenshot indicating the problem you are having, and provide a link to the screenshot (you can upload screenshots to imgur.com for free, without registering).