HAHA. I made the 1st page for my friends wedding album . I have however been working on our 2012 yearly album. So fail on the goal I posted here so far but I am making pages for something so that makes me happy.
My best friend is now pregnant and due in August so now I would like to finish her wedding book before her baby comes.
1. Learn Illustrator/practice drawing (working on this)
2. Practice with drawing tablet. (fail)
3. Journaling - I'm terrible at journaling, and it's often on my list of things to improve. So you can expect some challenges and discussion on this. (mostly fail, but I am making baby steps with my monthly list layouts.)
1. We have a big family reunion this summer and I'm working on a family scrapbook. I got an initial start a few months ago, but it was so overwhelming I put it on the back shelf for a while. It's been ruminating in my head for a while and it's time to bring it out again. (almost finished!)
2. I also want to scrap my photos from my recent Egypt trip, as well as a trip a year ago to Israel. Then I'll be more or less caught up with travel photos and can work on a new project (like daily, regular life). (Israel/Palestine done. Egypt still on the back burner...)
3. Organize my Photoshop Brushes. (fail)
Luckily there is still time for me to get on some of these things.
Going, I think:
1)End the year with everything tagged and organized on Picasa, and backuped too! - Didn´t even started o.O
2)Get involved in more international digital scrapbooking communities; - Slowly forward
3)Give another try on designing; I still don´t design in the level I want from myself, but I´m not a disaster I was in the first blogtrain - and I´m loving to design I consider this done.
4)Try to do bi-weekly double pages showing what´s happening; Epic fail - I gave up and will try to do a freestyle 2013 album istead.
5)Get deeper knowledge in Photoshop, Corel Draw and other designing programs I need. - Photoshop: On the go. Corel: Proved not to be as useful as thought. It´s not practical and most of what I do on it don´t pass my own quality check. Plan to try Ilustrator someday, but not sure if still this year.
@Kaleena - ha! Sometimes it helps me to have an actual deadline. Maybe that due date will help motivate you!
I need to collect all my photos, yes the last 3 years are scattered around on two computers and 4 external drives. Make sure no duplicates, then burn some disks for extended family... worked on this a bit, but I got to busy downloading some great blog trains, organizing 'em, and them designing for on. ~FAIL @about 80%
My other goal is to learn what Script Fu is in GIMP and start using it! Big Fail here...though I have learned a lot, including finding haow to draw some shapes~but really own the star. I did play yesterday with the arc feature, just a tad.
It's only April right?
Exactly Laura it is only April! Still have time for yearly goals
Yup, only April, though for me the year is already speeding by. I can't believe it's "only" April!! I kind of wonder if I should have made some bigger long-term goals, as I finished the four I set out to do previously. I have to add to the list now:
--scan at least 1/2 of photos inherited from MIL's estate
My update? Hmmm, getting there, but very slowly...
- try designing my own kit(s) and joining a pixelscrapper blogtrain: DID IT (twice! Yay!)
- make more and better artsy/brushy (artjournal-like) layouts: DID TWO OF THESE, WANT TO DO MORE
- try to figure out how to make torn pieces myself: STILL HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT
- finding a better balance between scrapping and family/me-time: WITH UPS AND DOWNS
- downloading less (it's a disease! we need to start a group therapy on excessive downloading behavior): WAY BETTER, STILL NOT DOWNLOAD-FREE, BUT GETTING THERE
- start a blog and maintaining it for at least one year: BLOG, CHECK. MAINTAINING BLOG, HMMM...
- finish and print my first album: EHRM...