Do you love lists? I love lists. Please share your 2014 lists below in the comments. Also, disclaimer, just because I put some of these things next to each other does not mean I think they're equally good. The only criteria is that they are a favorite (for some reason) from this year.
- Leaving Church by Barbara Brown Taylor (I've been reading lots of memoirs lately and this was my favorite from the year.)
- This Is The Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett (The essay she writes about her dog was perfect.)
- All Things Bright & Beautiful by James Herriot (How I hadn't heard of these lovely books before I don't know. A wonderful capture of a moment in time.)
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay (A compelling story.)
- Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear (Maisie is a weird character, but I read 10 books about her, so she's got something going on.)
- When Wanderers Cease to Roam by Vivian Swift (Recommended to me here in the comments of the blog. A great example of the beauty of daily life.)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (I thought this was going to be stupid, it wasn't. Or maybe it was and I just didn't care.)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (Wes Anderson is the only director from whom I sit around a wait for a new movie to be made.)
- Her (Interesting story and weirdly compelling costumes.)
- 22 Jump Street (In our house we call Channing Tatum 'Shandy Tandy'. Somehow this makes watching all his movies better.)
- The Lego Movie (Because Batman.)
- The Mindy Project
- New Girl
- Doctor Who
- Silver Spoon
I hadn't really listened to podcasts before this year, and they are quickly becoming a favorite. I tend towards the ones that have a "memoir" feel, where hosts share what's going in their lives and get their guests to share interesting stories from life.
Please leave your recommendations below. I'm already on the hunt for this year's favorite things!
Whew! It's a new year and I hardly know what to do! It's been a busy season for us, starting with Thanksgiving in Memphis and then Christmas at the coast. We've been enjoying lots of family time, but the sustained lack of a regular schedule has left me in a bit of a confusion. Over the next week I hope to catch up on things and remember what exactly is going on. To help me find the thread, I'm hoping to have a bit of time to look back over 2014, as well as make some plans for 2015.
To get started here are some of my favorite photos from 2014:
I hope you all had a good start to the new year and I'm looking forward to sharing future hopes and goals with you soon!
Pixel Scrapper Blog
Hi There! I’m Marisa Lerin and you’ll see me around at Pixel Scrapper a lot. I started this site in 2010 soon after I discovered a new love in digital scrapbooking. Pixel Scrapper has gone through some significant changes since that time and it’s grown into this lovely community site you are seeing now. I am daily surprised by the turn of life’s events that has led me down this path. If you're new to the site, welcome! Here are a few tidbits about me that I hope will help you get to know me better!
I’m originally from Minnesota, USA, but spent a good chunk of my childhood living abroad (in Bolivia and Hong Kong). I returned to Minnesota to attend university, got married and then moved overseas again (Korea, then Jordan and 1 year of traveling). My designs are heavily influenced by these many nomadic years. I am currently back in the USA, now living in the great state of Oregon!
I have no official training for what I’m doing, since I decided very wisely (haha) to study physics in university. I am always learning new things about digital scrapbooking, and this community has been immensely helpful for that!
If I manage to stop digital scrapbooking you will probably find me watching TV, reading or baking. I also enjoy writing for the blog here at Pixel Scrapper where I talk about whatever happens to be catching my fancy at the moment.
- November 2012 (9)
- December 2012 (37)
- January 2013 (17)
- February 2013 (13)
- March 2013 (20)
- April 2013 (26)
- May 2013 (29)
- June 2013 (9)
- July 2013 (8)
- August 2013 (13)
- September 2013 (16)
- October 2013 (14)
- November 2013 (16)
- December 2013 (12)
- January 2014 (15)
- February 2014 (9)
- March 2014 (15)
- April 2014 (11)
- May 2014 (4)
- June 2014 (9)
- July 2014 (8)
- August 2014 (7)
- September 2014 (8)
- October 2014 (13)
- November 2014 (6)
- December 2014 (3)
- January 2015 (13)
- February 2015 (14)
- March 2015 (14)
- April 2015 (13)
- May 2015 (3)