Some exciting news today if you're interested in getting a little more involved at Pixel Scrapper: I'm looking to expand my Creative Team! There is so much great talent hiding around every corner here and I'm lucky enough to be able to use a little of it to make my own designs better. It's so fun to work with a few people and see my designs come to life in their layouts. Maybe you'd like to join us?
- Make between 4-6 layouts per month. I'm usually pretty organized so you should have a few weeks to work with new designs before the time is up!
- Participate in the Pixel Scrapper layout challenges.
- Comment and encourage in the Pixel Scrapper gallery.
- Maintain a presence on Pinterest. This involves pinning your layouts, my designs, and whatever else you like.
- Pay special attention to new graphics and their tags. I'll likely assign specific kits to team members for them to pay close attention to each graphic and add tags as needed.
I'm also looking for a few people to quality check my designs:
- Check over assigned kits for quality issues. Report back in a timely manner.
- I can tell you what to look for, if you're not sure, but you will need to have an attention for detail, because it's detailed work.
- I'm most familiar with Photoshop, so it's preferred that you have access to this program and can use it.
- If you're on the QC team, and also want to make layouts with the Creative Team, that's cool too.
- All team members will receive unlimited and early access to all of my designs (commercial use allowed).
- My never-ending gratitude.
You can submit an application here (select "Pixel Scrapper Team Application" from the drop down). In your application please mention the following:
- Which team you're applying for.
- Which requirements will be easy for you.
- Which requirements will be tricky for you.
- I'm sort of assuming that you are already a part of the Pixel Scrapper community. If you're newer and don't have any/many layouts in our gallery, please include a link to a different gallery where I can view your work. (not needed for QC team)
- Your user profile MUST meet our simple profile requirements.
I'm settling into a bit of a rhythm with my monthly pocket pages. And I'm feeling pretty good, since I actually finished up my March pages at the beginning of April, which is ahead of my usual schedule. What worked for my this month, was every Saturday I spend a little time laying out the weekly spread, just with photos and any text I wanted to include. This way things were still fresh in my mind, so I could get those details ready, but I could hold off on the decorating part while I finished up some designing. Then, once I finally had the bundles I wanted, I just spent a little time making everything pretty. It was a great success.
▲ Everything all ready in the folder.
▲ Nothing fancy, but ready to go!
I don't have any regular layouts this month, as I didn't have a lot of photos and was enjoying working with the pockets. I even made a few more templates.
Pixel Scrapper Blog
Hi There! I’m Marisa Lerin and you’ll see me around at Pixel Scrapper a lot. I started this site in 2010 soon after I discovered a new love in digital scrapbooking. Pixel Scrapper has gone through some significant changes since that time and it’s grown into this lovely community site you are seeing now. I am daily surprised by the turn of life’s events that has led me down this path. If you're new to the site, welcome! Here are a few tidbits about me that I hope will help you get to know me better!
I’m originally from Minnesota, USA, but spent a good chunk of my childhood living abroad (in Bolivia and Hong Kong). I returned to Minnesota to attend university, got married and then moved overseas again (Korea, then Jordan and 1 year of traveling). My designs are heavily influenced by these many nomadic years. I am currently back in the USA, now living in the great state of Oregon!
I have no official training for what I’m doing, since I decided very wisely (haha) to study physics in university. I am always learning new things about digital scrapbooking, and this community has been immensely helpful for that!
If I manage to stop digital scrapbooking you will probably find me watching TV, reading or baking. I also enjoy writing for the blog here at Pixel Scrapper where I talk about whatever happens to be catching my fancy at the moment.
- November 2012 (9)
- December 2012 (37)
- January 2013 (17)
- February 2013 (13)
- March 2013 (20)
- April 2013 (27)
- May 2013 (28)
- June 2013 (9)
- July 2013 (10)
- August 2013 (12)
- September 2013 (17)
- October 2013 (12)
- November 2013 (16)
- December 2013 (12)
- January 2014 (15)
- February 2014 (9)
- March 2014 (16)
- April 2014 (11)
- May 2014 (4)
- June 2014 (9)
- July 2014 (8)
- August 2014 (7)
- September 2014 (7)
- October 2014 (13)
- November 2014 (6)
- December 2014 (3)
- January 2015 (13)
- February 2015 (14)
- March 2015 (15)
- April 2015 (13)
- May 2015 (12)
- June 2015 (11)
- July 2015 (10)
- August 2015 (8)
- September 2015 (7)
- October 2015 (10)
- November 2015 (7)