Using your text-tool creative in PSP
This tutorial will learn you how to use your text-tool a bit different then the normal way. It gives you more possibilty’s to use it around frames, photo’s or at your pages.
First you need to make sure you have your tools activated, you can do it at Image – Toolbar – make sure you mark Tools
My tools are shown at the left side of my working space
Creating a text that is going around a frame
1. Go to your shapes-tool and select the oval shape
2. Make sure you got the circle activated in your toolbar above (my images are in Dutch, but the placing is the same)
Make sure you also mark Create as Vector
3. Open a new image and draw a cirle with your Shape –tool
4. Keep this layer as Vector!
5. Now this is important, add a new layer. When you forget this step, you can’t remove the circle when you are finished.
6. Now you activate your text-tool in your toolbar
7. Go with your Mouse to the circle you made and keep it above the line, an A with quart circle will show up, click on the circle and now you can type the text you want to use.
8. When you are done, you will see in your layerpalette 2 vector layers
9. Now you can close the Shape layer by clicking at the eye
10. Make sure you are standing on the text layer in your layerpalette and click with your right Mouse button and choose converting to raster layer. And now you’re done, you made a circle with your text!
This is possible with all kinds of shapes, so it’s up to you how you use it!
There are some other ways to use your text-tool differently, what about filling it with a paper/pattern you like? You need to have a big, fat font, I used the font Stencil.
1. Open the layout or page you want to add the text to.
2. Now open the pattern or paper you want to use also in PSP
3. Activate the Text-tool and choose the font of your choise, make sure you change your stroke width to a width of your choice, I have set it on 2
4. Now you go to the color palette and click at the background color, there you can choose your pattern
Also pick a nice color for the foreground.
5. Start tiping your text, this is what I made:
This were just 2 tips to use your text-tool when you are creating a layout, the opportunities are endless!
Feel free to show your results in this thread! And let me know if you have questions