Kimberly had asked in another forum about being able to use the templates in her program for scrapbooking called StoryBook Creator. She had said that she was only able to use jpeg or png format. So I've tried to come up with a solution for her and anyone else that uses this program to be able to use the templates we have here at the site for you to download but that are not already in the format you need.
This is the solution that I’ve come up with for you to make Marisa’s templates useful to use in Storybook Creator and other programs that use only the jpeg or png formats. A few weeks ago someone told me about a program called FastStone Image Viewer to download for a different need I had. Well, this program will work perfect for you to be able to convert the layered psd files to jpeg or png file type without having or needing to own PhotoShop. Whooo Hooo!
Here’s a very basic tutorial:
1) Download FastStone Image Viewer here and Install it onto your PC or Mac.
2) Within your “PixelScrapper Templates” download Folder, create an empty New Folder called “Jpeg Templates”
3) Open FastStone. In the top left corner, find the folder your templates are in. Then on the right highlight the psd templates you want to convert to jpegs.
4) At the top click the Tools, then Batch Convert Selected Images. A new dialog window will come up. In the lower left side change the output to jpeg format. Check Output folder and then click browse & find the folder you created earlier named Jpeg templates.
5) Uncheck Use Advanced Options, Uncheck Rename, CHECK Keep Original Date/Time, CHECK Ask Before Overwrite
6) Now is time for the magic: Click Convert & Let it happen! Once it’s done, click Done
Now exit the program and go find your folder with your new Jpeg copies of the templates. NOTE: There are several conversion options… PNG, JPEG 2000, TIFF, GIF, PDF
Hope this is going to be major helpful for you being able to use the templates here at the site!