HAHA. I made the 1st page for my friends wedding album . I have however been working on our 2012 yearly album. So fail on the goal I posted here so far but I am making pages for something so that makes me happy.
My best friend is now pregnant and due in August so now I would like to finish her wedding book before her baby comes.
1. Learn Illustrator/practice drawing (working on this)
2. Practice with drawing tablet. (fail)
3. Journaling - I'm terrible at journaling, and it's often on my list of things to improve. So you can expect some challenges and discussion on this. (mostly fail, but I am making baby steps with my monthly list layouts.)
1. We have a big family reunion this summer and I'm working on a family scrapbook. I got an initial start a few months ago, but it was so overwhelming I put it on the back shelf for a while. It's been ruminating in my head for a while and it's time to bring it out again. (almost finished!)
2. I also want to scrap my photos from my recent Egypt trip, as well as a trip a year ago to Israel. Then I'll be more or less caught up with travel photos and can work on a new project (like daily, regular life). (Israel/Palestine done. Egypt still on the back burner...)
3. Organize my Photoshop Brushes. (fail)
Luckily there is still time for me to get on some of these things.
Going, I think:
1)End the year with everything tagged and organized on Picasa, and backuped too! - Tagged some things on picasa, but my backup system is even worse than in the beginning of last year
2)Get involved in more international digital scrapbooking communities; - great progress, although there are too many interesting communities and I can´t follow them all
3)Give another try on designing;
(first update) I still don´t design in the level I want from myself, but I´m not a disaster I was in the first blogtrain - and I´m loving to design I consider this done.
(final update): I didn´t think I´d love to design so much. I did a course at SNP in May/June, and it really made a difference for me; produced till September, but, since them, I couldn´t finish any of the kits I started. I´m having serious trouble with quality check and I´m criticizing too much what I do, resulting in not sharing anything
4)Try to do bi-weekly double pages showing what´s happening; (first update)Epic fail - I gave up and will try to do a freestyle 2013 album istead.
(final update): It ended up that I got lost on this; I have the album started, but too far from finish yet. I also weren´t counting that I´d spend almost a month in a road trip when I planned this
5)Get deeper knowledge in Photoshop, Corel Draw and other designing programs I need. -
(first update)Photoshop: On the go. Corel: Proved not to be as useful as thought. It´s not practical and most of what I do on it don´t pass my own quality check. Plan to try Ilustrator someday, but not sure if still this year.
(second update): Photoshop: I learned a lot. I know that there are tricks that I still don´t know, but I´m very glad that I could even teach some photoshop techniques to my husband, who works wth graphic designer profissionally by more than 10 years. Corel Draw: I won´t use it for digiscrap anymore, and not sure if I´ll use for graphic design. Illustrator: Learning this one is a dream, specially to know what I can do with my wacom on it.
@Kaleena - ha! Sometimes it helps me to have an actual deadline. Maybe that due date will help motivate you!
I need to collect all my photos, yes the last 3 years are scattered around on two computers and 4 external drives. Make sure no duplicates, then burn some disks for extended family... worked on this a bit, but I got to busy downloading some great blog trains, organizing 'em, and them designing for on. ~FAIL @about 80%
My other goal is to learn what Script Fu is in GIMP and start using it! Big Fail here...though I have learned a lot, including finding haow to draw some shapes~but really own the star. I did play yesterday with the arc feature, just a tad.
It's only April right?
Exactly Laura it is only April! Still have time for yearly goals
Yup, only April, though for me the year is already speeding by. I can't believe it's "only" April!! I kind of wonder if I should have made some bigger long-term goals, as I finished the four I set out to do previously. I have to add to the list now:
--scan at least 1/2 of photos inherited from MIL's estate
My update? Hmmm, getting there, but very slowly...
- try designing my own kit(s) and joining a pixelscrapper blogtrain: DID IT (twice! Yay!)
- make more and better artsy/brushy (artjournal-like) layouts: DID TWO OF THESE, WANT TO DO MORE
- try to figure out how to make torn pieces myself: STILL HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT
- finding a better balance between scrapping and family/me-time: WITH UPS AND DOWNS
- downloading less (it's a disease! we need to start a group therapy on excessive downloading behavior): WAY BETTER, STILL NOT DOWNLOAD-FREE, BUT GETTING THERE
- start a blog and maintaining it for at least one year: BLOG, CHECK. MAINTAINING BLOG, HMMM...
- finish and print my first album: EHRM...
1. Learn Illustrator/practice drawing (Got a good start on this. Hope to keep it up in the next year.)
2. Practice with drawing tablet. (I'm okay with the tablet now, but will keep up this one too.)
3. Journaling - I'm terrible at journaling, and it's often on my list of things to improve. So you can expect some challenges and discussion on this. (Minus on this one. I've got some thoughts on doing some things this year, we'll see how it goes)
1. DONE - We have a big family reunion this summer and I'm working on a family scrapbook. I got an initial start a few months ago, but it was so overwhelming I put it on the back shelf for a while. It's been ruminating in my head for a while and it's time to bring it out again.
2. I also want to scrap my photos from my recent Egypt trip, as well as a trip a year ago to Israel. Then I'll be more or less caught up with travel photos and can work on a new project (like daily, regular life). (Half Done)
3. Organize my Photoshop Brushes. (Still trying to figure out how to do this.
My 2014 Projects:
Genealogy Album for Myers Family
But more importantly, my own Wedding Album. My husband and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary in June, and I want to redo my wedding album. Most of it will be in traditional, but I want to add a few "WOW" digital pages. I've got 5 months. Ugh!
I'm not going to set any goals/timelines, because things get pretty busy in my household (between a high school junior, a kid in elementary & sports/extracurricular activities), BUT.....my hope is to recreate my wedding album this year digitally. My 20th wedding anniversary is coming up in May & my album fell apart, so I thought it would be nice to maybe scan my photos & create a new wedding album that I have professionally printed. (I may need some suggestions from you all, as to where to get that done, as I get closer to completion)
Other than that, I hope to continue on my journey of learning how to use PSP to its full potential & continue to learn different techniques in digiscrapping. I am not an expert in either, but I know how to do things well enough that I can create some nice pages, do a little designing (just a little, mind you - though I really need to learn how to QC) & can do some photo manipulation (that's the part I know the best, as that's what got me interested in PSP in the first place).
I too have no goals, I find having a list for myself bothers me, like I'm on a timeline of "must get things done". I do have things that I'd like to do, mainly learning the new photoshop I've downloaded. I've had Gimp forever but it just doesn't have the fun effects that photoshop has. Eeek is that a goal?