PSP Scripts, how do you use them?
For PSP user, Script are what Actions are for the Photoshop users. So basicly you run the script and you can create your own element with the setting and colors you like. For example, when you use a script to create a ribbon, you can change colors, shadows, texture, but still run the script! So with one script you can create very different elements!
Once you have tried a script, you get hooked (at least I am!) I want to explain how you can start running a script in PSP because there are so many great product available and we have the idea not all people know exactly how they work!
And?? Curious how you get these scripts to work? Let’s start!
1. Open the zipfile you bought from the store, inside you will find a folder with most likely a script, some selections and what ever else is needed to run the script, like tubes, patterns, etc.
2. Go to your 'start' button on your task bar and open your Documents Folder
Look for your folder 'My PSP Files' and double click it. You will see all the folders you need to add the files you got in the zipfile. Look for the 'Scripts - Restricted' Folder and place your script here. Then look for the 'Selections' folder and add the selections. Do the same with any other items like tubes in 'Picture Tubes' , patterns in the Pattern folder and so on.
PLEASE NOTE: COPY AND PASTE, SO YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE ORIGINAL SAVED ELSEWHERE!
3. Open PSP now and locate the script now. If you do not have showing it in your PSP, locate your 'View' then look for 'Toolbars' and then click at 'script'
4. Now go to the top task bar and locate the script you have installed.
5. When you press play the script will start. You shall see the script shall ask you questions with pup up boxes like these
6. Just follow the instructions on all pup up boxes
7. The script will finish by itselfs, so all you need to do is follow the instructions and you have a wonderful product in a few minutes in your own picked colors, gradients or patterns!
8. You can run the same script and try all kinds of colors, patterns, gradients to make THE element of your choice.
Special thanks to Designs by Digiscrapations and Puddicat Creations for making the screens for me in English!