There have been some requests to organize and start some new forums. This is really great news. I can't believe how fast the community has taken off here. However, even with some new organization, the forums are becoming too big for me to moderate by myself, and so we are looking for some volunteers to help out.
2. Be an active participant in the forum you are moderating. This includes reading all posts in your forum (generally speaking), replying to posts frequently, and initiating new threads if things seem quiet (and generally when you have a good idea for a new thread .
3. Gently but firmly enforce Pixel Scrapper’s forum guidelines and profile expectations when necessary. People who do not adhere to the guidelines should be informed and pointed in the right direction. If they continue to ignore the guidelines, you should remove posts as necessary and inform us about the problem. (If people have any particular concerns or disagreements with the guidelines, we are of course open to feedback.)
4. Keep your forum organized.
- Move misplaced posts to the correct forum (e.g. support requests should be moved to the support forum, feature requests to the feature request forum, etc.). A “ghost copy” should be left for any topic that is moved.
- Redundant threads should be discouraged: if someone starts a new thread for a topic that is already being discussed, the thread should be closed, and they should be pointed to the already active topic.
- Help threads to stay generally on-topic, and encourage people to start a new thread if they want to move off-topic.
(You will have access to basic tutorials for all these tasks.)
5. For software specific forums, you are expected to have enough knowledge of the program to answer questions and/or guide people to other helpful resources.
6. If something comes up and you can no longer fulfill your moderating duties, please inform us as soon as possible, so that we can find someone to take on your duties.
You won't be alone: All forums will have at least two moderators.
- A warm fuzzy feeling inside
- A badge under your name, indicating you are a moderator. Talk about prestige...
- More download credits than anyone else! All moderators will instantly receive 12 DC per day for as long as they are a moderator.
We still need moderators for these forums. We won't create a forum until we have 2 moderators for it.
- Chit Chat
- Digital Scrapbooking Discussion
- Software: Photoshop Elements
- Software: Paint Shop Pro
- Software: Other, we are willing to open a forum for any software if we can find 2 knowledgeable people to moderate it.
I will still continue to moderate the general discussion forums, as well as the Photoshop forum, along with any volunteers. However, I know pretty much nothing about the other software programs, so if if you sign up for that one you'll be in charge
Please email me at email@example.com, subject line "Forum Moderator." In your email simply indicate your preference of forum. We'll likely only give you one or two, but if you're interested in more, you can rate them as most desired to least. If you're applying for a software specific forum, a little bit about your experience would be appreciated. Also, be sure your profile is following our Profile Expectations.
Thanks everyone for making this such a great place!