Introduce yourself!

4282 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi everyone, this is Elaine smiley I'm so excited to be a part of this community, I've been a fan for a long long while and happy to be here with you smiley

Hello Pixel Scrappers!

I don’t remember if I’ve introduced myself here before... I joined up WAY back when it was Pixeled Memories and then rejoined when it became Pixel Scrapper. I love the variety of styles, the generous CU licenses and the encouragement for everyone to have a go!

I have been getting back into scrapbooking and designing, so I have applied to the Commons. (I’m a graphic designer but haven’t worked since having kids.) Love the community approach here. Thank you all, and especially Marisa.

I’m Christian, I’m married (can’t believe my profile photo is now over 15 years old) and we have two children, 8 and 3. I am a stay at home Mum (oh yeah, and we’re Australian).

I am a bit different in that I started with graphic design and then started scrapbooking. I had to research scrapbooking as part of my job smiley I had always loved the paper designs but hadn’t really understood scrapbooking. I did a few pages for work, but I still didn’t really “get” scrapbooking. However, I really loved the designs, so outside of my job I was always looking at scrapbook pages and kits online. I started designing my own papers and then of course I had to see if they worked so I made some digital scrapbook pages. I already knew Photoshop, so the learning curve was with understanding scrapbooking, not with the software. Soon I was less interested in designing and more interested in scrapbooking!

Later I moved on to physical Project Life and now I mainly do Project Life in the app. With the amazing apps now available for iPad I have started doing a few more “traditional” digital pages as well.

And now I have come full circle back around to designing. The amazing design apps, and Apple Pencil for iPad (not just iPad Pro) mean I can design anywhere, I don’t have to be at my computer.

I hope to give back a bit by sharing some designs in the Commons here. Such a wonderful community of inspiration and encouragement.

Rachel

Hi. I'm Stephanie and I'm a total beginner. I just download the free trial version of ScrapMax! software, and just finished making my first image for my very first digital scrapbook. It's nothing all that great but it's my very first attempt. I think I'm going to really like digital scrapbooking.

Welcome Rachel & Stephanie. It's so fun to have old and new faces say hi!

I just finished my very first page. I'll upload it when I get enough points.

I just ordered Scrapbook Factory Deluxe.

Looking forward to seeing it Stephanie!

Hi I'm Ruth from a small town in Kansas. I have been scrapbooking for over 20 years and designing for about 18 years.

Welcome Ruth! So glad you found us.

Hello,

I've been following this site for quite some time now, but I don't believe I have ever gotten around to introducing myself.

My name is Amber, I was born, raised, and still live in Oregon. I primarily scrapbook my family history, being an avid amateur genealogist. (My blog is called the Heritage Huntress.) I like to write my family history on my blog, and then go back and scrapbook my stories, publishing them in Shutterfly photo books, and give them as Christmas gifts to my family. It's a lot of work, so I don't always manage to complete a book every year, but I always have a project or two in progress.

Pixel Scrapper has been a huge boon to my projects! Until I discovered PS, I would have to constantly search the internet for digital scrapping tools and designs, and even when I found them I was often uncertain of the legal uses for the items. I would find something here, another thing there, and so on, and by the time I finished a page I would have lost track of where each item came from. Was I supposed to have given credit for this or that item? Was I allowed to post on my blog a completed page containing this or that item? I couldn't be sure. Now, with PS's generous license, I can scrapbook with confidence that I am not unintentionally breaking any copyright laws!

Hello, I'm Kelly. I live in Pennsylvania. I have been scrapbooking for about 20 years now. I mostly do paper scrapbooking and junk journaling. I love anything crafty.

Welcome!

@Amber: Where is Oregon do you live? I'm currently living in Waldort, on the Coast, and have also lived in Corvallis.

@Kelly: Love junk journaling!

Greetings and Happy New Year, Amber and Kelly! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves on the site. We're so glad you're here with our community. smiley

Hello! My name is Jill. I'm recently retired at 55 due to the generosity of my boyfriend! Go him! I taught paper scrapbooking in two different stores for a total of seven years.

My 24 year old daughter passed on March 14, 2019. 71 days later my ex husband passed leaving my remaining children spinning in a world that no longer made sense. (16 21 and 30) I started looking at digital scrapbooking as a way of preserving pictures of Samantha.

I'm in love. I'm on page 30 of a Disney World trip that Samantha, Sage and their dad took in June of 2018. Sage (16) kept saying she was the only one left from the trip. She did not even have photos of it because she's not a camera person. We found 500 pictures of the trip on Samantha's phone.

I look forward to learning and sharing.

I should have included that I live near Dayton, OH

Thanks for saying hello Jill. So sorry to hear about your recent losses. What a difficult time for your family. Glad you have found a small creative outlet with scrapbooking.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to uploading and downloading a lot in the future.

'ell'OH (((((((((dear piXelscrapperz))))))))) ... n' a HAPPY 2020 EVERY thing to ALL!!! ... otherz have iNtroduced ~me~ az an ARTizt ... paper being my FAVOR!TE ... n' now adobe photOshop eLementz Editor iz very addictive ... enJOYing ALL the freeBiez here n' hOping to "pay it forward" by sharing ideaz, dezigns, n' more ... echOez of thanX n' jOy ~juzt me~ lyNN mariE

Happy New Year (should all of that be capitalized, proper noun? lol) I love watching this community grow! Welcome to everyone!

Welcome! Thanks for saying hi.

Hi, I live in Pennsylvania and have scrapbooked for about 15 years. I have been digitally scrapbooking for the last 5 years and I am so thankful that it has given me an opportunity to learn photoshop. We have 4 kids so I try to scrapbook all of their activities so we can remember the fun we had together when they get older. I love the idea of Pixel Scrapper and how I can just search terms for elements.

Welcome Kelly! Looking forward to seeing your layouts.

Pages