Styles often seem challenging to make, but with some exploration to the layer style window, a lot of them aren't that hard to create. If you're just getting started try something simple like making a great shadow, or an outline for a sticker. If you're ready, try something a bit more challenging like a plastic or metal effect.
These are the tutorials we have here on Pixel Scrapper. Feel free to share others if you find something helpful.
Photoshop Layer Styles
- Using styles in Photoshop
- Using Inner Shadow Style To Make A Cutout
- Make a 3D Plastic Bubble Effect
- Trimming an Element, video
- Making Puffy Paint Glitter Doodles
- Making A Simple Border Using "Stroke"
Feel free to try an recreate a layer style from another designer if you're stuck for inspiration.