Designer Challenge - Summer Series 2016 - Part 1/7 Due 7/6

44 posts / 0 new
Last post
Designer Challenge - Summer Series 2016 - Part 1/7 Due 7/6

Let's start this awesome challenge!

This challenge is a part 1 of 7 separate challenges that go together. After finishing all of them you will have a complete kit ready to share with scrappers all over the world. We did a similar challenge series in the past but this time, I thought we can go all the way and create a whole kit not just a mini kit.

NOTE: if you found this challenge late you can join us at any time and catch up, or wait for the next series challenge coming to PS in a future.

First, we will start with creating inspiration/mood board. You can see my mood board for my kit Funny Bunny below or you can check out Marisa's mood board for her kit Here and Now on her blog here.

Your first step is to find a theme you are excited about and can't wait to start designing. When you have the theme look for a perfect color palette. My favorite place to look for a color palette is Pinterest. Here are two boards with lots of beautiful color palettes: Color Palette Love, Color Love. Other places you may want to look is Design Seeds and Perfect Palette. And of course our best friend Google.

Your next step is to search for ideas and inspiration, which is anything that you may think of, anything that makes you think about your chosen theme and anything you think you would want to use as an inspiration while creating your kit.

Your challenge for this week:

- create a mood board
(Share your theme, color palette and mood board)

In your mood board include color palette, photos or sketches that inspired your theme. You can make an image like Marisa and I did and share in the thread here or just create your own Pinterest board to show us your inspiration (don't forget to link to it).

Here is a mood board I created for march blog train.

Feel free to ask any questions you have and we will be happy to help smiley

smiley

Hiiiii Ania..
Here's my Theme and Color Palette. .

smiley

This is a very cool theme and great colors

My theme and Color palette

[img][/img]

My inspiration

I am tentatively calling this kit, "Enjoy Today."

i love it amanda. while the inspiration is different, it's a more pastel version of the colors i've been looking at! will be posting them soon.

I love it Ladies!

smiley

Looks like things are off to a good start!

Hi Ania - could I ask a couple of questions please?

Is this challenge for existing designers or people who have never designed before?

Also I'm going to be on holiday from 23rd July through to 8th August, but after that I'm on summer holidays from school so will have time to catch up on the weeks I have missed - if I'm able to participate (depending on your answer to my first question smiley!) would this be a problem?

Thanks in advance,
Helen

HI Helen,

This challenge is for anyone who wants to join. If you never designed before this is a challenge for you as well. Of course, if you going on holidays in the middle of this challenge series you can catch up when you come back. It is totally fine. I can't wait to see your designs. I'm always excited to see scrapbookers trying their design skills. And of course if you have any questions ask and we will do our best to answer them and help you out.

Thanks Ania ... I'm a total newbie when it comes to designing, but it's something I really fancy having a go at! Can't promise how good I'll be but I'll give it my best shot! I've got a couple of ideas in my head ... just need to work out how practical each would be in terms of generating kit content.

I will give it a try, although I still do not know about my hollidays and maybe I could not finish my kit it in time...

Helen - I think you'll find this to be a very encouraging community to "learn" in. By far the best around if you're new to designing!

I am calling this "Summer Sorbet"

Thank you Amanda smiley I'm looking forward to sharing my ideas!

oi...the colors are actually just a TAD bit darker...i ot to check for gamut before I saved the board...however the one i have saved on my computer is right...

I should sooooo be doing something else (like housework smiley !) but I've finished my Mood Board. Probably a really stupid question, but how do you upload your images into your comments? I can't copy and paste it in, and I can only see that the picture button lets you input a URL for your image ... mine's a photoshop file. smiley

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! smiley

Doh! Just sussed it by going and reading some of the tutorials smiley !!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully you will all be able to see my Mood Board entitled "Afternoon Tea" - hope you like it and the colours. smiley

I can see your mood board, Helen. Great theme and colors for summer.

Sonia, Sunny Faith and Amy I love your themes and colors. Amazing job ladies!

Thank you Ania smiley

I'm just going to link my mood board here: https://www.pinterest.com/hollywolfscraps/this-spoonie-life-inspiration-board/

I know that's a huge palette, but there are SO many awareness ribbon colors... I intend to focus on grayscale plus the blue-purple-red-orange range for the majority of elements; I just needed to find in-gamut colors for all of the awareness ribbons.

Super fun mood boards everyone! Can't wait to see what you all make!

I LOVE your mood boards, Ladies!
Here is mine - Summer Adventure.

Sorry, I'm a bit late.

I've never made a mood board before; it isn't something I've ever considered creating. The palette is tentative, as I haven't played with it yet. And I don't have a kit title, either. That'll hit me as I'm creating the kit.

Vidia, how about a tentative working title of "Blissful Beach"?

Vidia, just looking at your Mood Board makes me feel relaxed!

@Holly I kinda like that! I'll keep it in mind. Thank you!

@Sunny The tropics are good for complete serene relaxation.

@Vidia: It just popped into my head, so I thought I'd toss it out there for you.. smiley

Pages