Designer Challenge - Summer Series 2016 - Part 4/7 Due 7/27

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Designer Challenge - Summer Series 2016 - Part 4/7 Due 7/27

Now it's time to make more papers. This week you will focus on the theme papers and solids. Because this week is slower you have a chance to add some additional elements if you feel like your kit is missing anything.

1/3 of your papers should be themed, which means if you have 15 papers altogether 5 of them should be theme related. for solid papers make one for each of the colors in the palette.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. If this is your first time creating kit you may have a lot of questions, so even the smallest questions you have are welcome.

Ania, I haven't done any scrapbooking for about two years, including designing anything. I put it away for a time (I had a bout with breast cancer surgery and chemo). I have realized in my current kit design that I have sort of lost my "theme" or focus. So, I have decided to continue with the design and just get back into the practice of it, and not worry about my designs not having a theme. I am enjoying getting back into my Photoshop program, so, I give you every permission to ignore my attempts for your summer series. Thanks for letting me play along!

Sunny don't worry about keeping the theme. It happens that during making the kit our theme gets over taken by our inspiration. If your theme changed that is totally fine. Just keep on going with the challenge and let us know how this theme change affected your results. smiley

Here is my paper preview. Back to working on elements, now.........

hi i am very late been sick and had a fall but i would love to join in i have made my mood board and i am making papers is it ok ? pls let me know ty

Oh yes Joyce, you can join at any time smiley

hi thank u so much. smiley

I am totally going to be late on this week's papers--still got elements that I'm working on!

i think since I have already made 30 something papers...I'm going to stick with what I have. When making my elements, I made the solid textured papers so I could use them king the elements....i have one of each of the 6 colors i'm using in 2 different textures. This kit has become more of a generic kit with a color theme. also included a white texture paper....here's a 100% preview of the 2 textures:

Well, the end of the summer is proving to be a bit hectic...and I'm not getting as much design time as I would like. smiley So, I'm late with this one.

When I sat down to work on these...I realized that I was having a really hard time coming up with "themed" ideas for my kit - Enjoy Today. So, with the time crunch, I decided to just make 5 additional patterned papers. It's gonna have to work for now!