May 2017 Mini Kit Challenge: Getting Started

54 posts / 0 new
Last post

What gorgeous colours!!

I have never been very good with making my own kits but I am always trying, so I am up for the challenge.
This is the current Palette I have been trying to make a kit with, but I haven't gotten very far!

Hmmm, we are getting ready to leave for 4 months camping, but we are taking our computers. I may miss parts of all this but will work to catch up when we have internet access.

My thought is to create a Southwestern kit to compliment our photographs. We are emerging professional photographers and Photoshop artists so the sky is the limit.

This rock seems to have the palette and spirit of what I am looking for-bright, clean colors.

I'd love to try this and have a go at designing. I tried the Designer Kit Challenge last summer, but got carried away with holidays etc. and didn't get very far smiley One item a day might be possible smiley I've got a colour palette ready to go, just need to see if your prompts work with the ideas I had then Marisa. Do we have to design items from scratch or can we use templates that are already here?

This sounds like a lot of fun. I have never made anything but I am going to try playing along

This sounds amazing! Love the color palette from @Gina Day

I've toyed around with a few of the designer challenges on the forum (never getting anything actually done, lol). This sounds like fun and will help me get an idea of how and what to include, etc. I spent some fun time at Design seeds looking for a palatte...can't promise it will actually appear in the results.

Helen, you can usually use templates that are here if you're designing a mini for a challenge, though I will recommend that you create a couple of items from scratch (either by drawing/painting in Photoshop, or by photographing them and removing the background from them) for the experience. smiley

I am doing a graduation kit, as my son has his 8th grade promotion this year.

Brown will be replaced with his school color.

Rachel, that's an AWESOME palette! I absolutely LOVE those colors!

, לא הבנת? זה מאוד קל, את רק צריכה לבחור לוח צבעים ולאחר מכן בצע את השלבים כדי להפוך את ערכת משלך בסוף האתגר
באצלחה! העברת שלי זה לא כל כף בסדר

Sorry I was helping Chaya who didn't understand, hope I did, here is my palette, hope I find the time to play, would love to:

Thank you Holly for your reply. Time permitting, I'm going to give this a go! smiley

Jennifer, I use picmonkey.com for making most of my papers and a lot of my jpg elements, especially if I am starting from a picture, because even at 12x12/300dpi they save at a slightly smaller size than paintshop or any other program I've used to design.

thinking, searching - I have a pile of palettes

לא קלטתי מה האתגר - וכן היכן מורידים את החומרים לאתגר
ועוד דבר, האם גם משהו שלא מנוי יכול להשתתף?
תודה רבה

כן, כל אחד יכול להצטרף לאתגר הזה

קודם כל צריכה לבחור את לוח הצבעים ואז להמתי שישימו את השלבים לביצוע, וזה האתגר.
צריך לעקוב אחרי ההוראות שיבואו
אך בינתיים צריכה לבחור את הצבעים שאוהבת ולשים אותם
Just choose the colors you like and when Marisa put the steps to follow the challenge will starts, which means you will be making, designing your own kit, that's the challenge

This sounds fun! smiley

For those of you wanting to participate - the challenge has already started! Go here to see the first week of prompts! smiley

If you're following along with this challenge, the second set of prompts is up right here!

Anyone able to point me towards some help? ... I do use a different software, but I'm pretty good at figuring out how to use it if I know where to start...

And I LOVE everyone's palettes!

@Jennifer: We have a Software Support forum where you can ask questions and see what other people are using.

Pages