Dec 2020 DC Color Qi: Ultramarine Green #026350

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dec 2020 DC Color Qi: Ultramarine Green #026350

Welcome to the December 2020 Color Qi Challenge. Running this one early just to see your designs before Christmas smiley . Qi as in Chinese: literally: air, breath. power, life. So we are looking for the essence of Jacques, what you think this color says.

You have options here, yes you do.

OPTION 1:
Make some graphics including said color.
OPTION 2:
Build a palette around said color and include those colors in your designs.
OPTION3:
Make (at least) a color chip mini (3 papers, 5 ellies) or paper pack (6 papers minimum) or make a note book kit, make an element pack, some flairs, you decide.

Please share an image of your creation here with us.

Have fun!

Bina, I absolutely LOVE this color!

@Lisel: smiley smiley

Here is one swatch I thought might be nice

Yeah, that's a good swatch, but I already made a mini with my own! I may use it, also, though. We'll see. LOL! smiley

Oh, Lisel, so rich and elegant smiley, so great!

My swatch is just one I thought might be nice, I might use this one or another one, no so sure yet, just started playing around with this color.
Love your swatch, Lisel, esp. the deep maroon, thanks for playing along.

Love this swatch. thanks, Bina!

I created my first color palette ...

The ultramarine green #26350 is the first color, but I'm not able to check if all colors are in gamut, because I don't have Photoshop.

Perhaps someone can check the color palette for me and tweak the colors if they are out of gamut?

@ Bina, I used two of your colors - the light green and the light blue, is this okay for you?

I had a christmas/forest theme in mind when I picked the colors, but now I think I will create a kit with basic elements.

The #54b02b is right on the edge of being out of gamut, and adding texture will likely throw it completely out. I'd try #58ab34 in its place.

All of your other swatches are well inside both colorspaces.

Greens 66b8ad, b7b47f, blue gray a3abc1, terracotta cc724a, beige e5d5bf

Thank you so much, Holly, I will change the green one.

Wow, @Gonda Klees-Mueller: love your swatch. I will certainly play. So schoen, dass Du dabei bist smiley
@ Robin Sampson: This turned out soo super pretty and cute, love your kit. So great for scripture or bible journaling. smiley