Pass The Kit - Spring 2016 Groups

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pass The Kit - Spring 2016 Groups

Here are the groups! I will email out the palette to the first group member on Friday morning (April 15th). Good luck! I moved a few of you around to balance out the groups, but I think it will work out well! Can't wait to see what you all make.

Last time some groups made Facebook groups to communicate, or if you'd like I can make a thread for you here. Let me know before Friday, April15th. If you decide to go with a FB Group add me so I can help out with any questions you might have.

Beginner Level

1. Sheryl Reiber
2. Andrea Kostelic
3. Nanci Newell
4. Regina Jeffery
5. Piep Polet

Intermediate Level

1. Anne PC
2. Merritt Baynes
3. Tina Show
4. Sonia Roman
5. Joyce Crosby
6. Robyn Scrapbookcrazy

Advanced Level

1. Elizabeth Minkus
2. Holly Wolf
3. Jenale Ullman
4. Jody Smith
5. Lorien Rezende
6. Paddy Wolf

Few tips for a good workflow from the past pass the kit challenges.

Chose one person who will create google drive or dropbox folder and shares them with all the group members. This way everyone will have immediate access to see what is already created and what the kit still needs. As soon as you get email from a team member letting you know that it is your turn to create something, let them now you got their email and you are working on it. as soon as you upload your element/paper/word art to your shared folder, email the next person on the list so they can start working n their contribution.

You can use this thread to communicate with each other and decide if you are going to use FB Group to chat or you prefer to use the forum thread created for your group here.

Also if you have any questions before we start post them here. smiley

Great! I prefer to use the forum thread created heare!

I'm happy to create a folder on my google drive if you'd like smiley

Advanced Level

1. Elizabeth Minkus
2. Holly Wolf
3. Jenale Ullman
4. Jody Smith
5. Lorien Rezende
6. Paddy Wolf

Is it too late to join? I am beginner to intermediate. I use pse11 and artisan 4

I added you to the intermediate group Robyn

I think it would be good to use a forum thread. I do not know what the rest of the members of my group want I am very flexible being I have never done this before.......Sheryl

thanks. I would prefer a facebook group so I don't miss anything.
I can create a dropbox for my group.

I have created a dropbox folder for the INTERMEDIATE group

Elizabeth, a shared Google Drive or Dropbox folder would be great. I'd be most likely to notice something like a Skype group chat or a forum thread here rather than something on Facebook, since I usually only log into Facebook once or twice a month...

Robin, thank you very much for creating a dropbox folder for the Intermediate group! Now it would be good that the first designer of the group, Anne, could have the link... so now I will send a message for her to contact you, ok? Kisses!!

Thanks Robyn for creating the Dropbox folder for our group. I just sent youa message with my E-mail.
We can talk either on Facebook or on a thread here. It's up to you
I can't wait to go on !

@Elizabeth: Just answered your e-mail smiley So all you know (yes, I´m anxious, lol) I suggested we should have some kind of instant communication system, in case we are not at our pcs to check the forum. On my mobile phone I have Facebook Mesenger and whats app. I don´t know if you have an instant communication messenger on ours, or if it´s a good idea, lol. Since we have only 15 days, to have a full size kit it need to pass some times a day... I am not sure if we (or, at least, I) check e-mails fast enough, lol.

Looking forward to seeing what you all make!

hi Intermediate Level group its better for me to talk here and if u dont mind ladies may i have the link to drop box i already had a drop box from the orther times we did this but that is ok im having awfull weather here in Mississippi resh a drs appt because of it working on the bd blog train kit but will start on this asap my email addy is [email protected]
blog addy is

http://joyscreations2013.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joyscreations2013/218415218342603
will check in when i can here or email lost elect Monday night did not return till 1 pm tuesday ugg hate that lol boring

Joyce I have added you to intermediate drop box

Anne I have added you to dropbox

Sonia, Tina and Merritt, could I get your email addresses please to add you all to dropbox for intermediate my email is [email protected]

I just sent out the color palettes to Sheryl, Anne and Elizabeth. Now they will contact you so you can start working on your kit. I created forum threads for each team, you can chat there or ask any design or kit creation kits do you have. I'll be happy to answer them and help all of you as much as I can.

PS. I'm going to be out of town from Saturday till midday on Tuesday so I might be slow with getting back to you those first days. I will do my best to get some kind of internet connection there. We are visiting my husbands' grandparents who live in Kernville, Ca. It is a little town and their internet is unpredictable smiley

I've well received the color palette.
I just have few questions about the rules. Should we define a theme of her kit before the beginning. Or i just do anything i want and the following designers do the same thing but try of course to do something consistent with the rest of the kit.
Same question for the kind of object : papers, elements,overlays ... Do we must define what we want to do before the beginning ?

I think we need to define a theme.

Anne, I would recommend on deciding on the theme before you start working.

You can share the palette with everyone here in your group thread and ask for the theme suggestions.

As far as the papers and elements and planning the challenge is to create one thing at a time without planning who makes what. This way you challenge yourself to decide what is still needed based on what is already done. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the explanations. It's perfectly clear.

Can't wait to get started

OK, beginner group, should we have a theme for our kit?

Yes we need to come up with a theme do you have any ideas? The colors make me think of Spring and Summer they are very happy they remind me of watermelon or sherbet .

Here is the correct link to the dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5i0jww09sj6obqe/AADVfCNEGU8dmcqZD_j8UjEva?dl=0
Pass The Kit Spring 2016 Beginner
Shared with Dropbox
dropbox.com

I was thinking of summer too, so I made some colorful papers...
So, what's next, how do I send it to others?

Sheryl and Andrea , you can continue your chat in the Beginners group thread.

Your next step is to upload those papers to the shared dropbox created by Sheryl, to get an invite to the dropbox you have to get your email address to Sheryl so she can add you.

Just in case you missed it. I created a forum thread for each team smiley

So our theme is chosen and our Dropbox folder is created. All the girls of the team are in the starting-block !
I have now another question about the rule : do we add our elements and papers whenever we wants ? Or shoud we do a turnover ?

The rule is a turn over, so first one on the list makes first paper/elements and when that is done you email second person. When that person is done she emails next one from the list and so on.

Pages