Pass The Kit - Spring 2016 Intermediate Team

248 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ha, ha, ha! I am not English so I do not know about kit names, I usually name my kits with easy names to avoid confussion, such as "April is Here" smiley If the other agree, for me it is ok.

Oh! I uploaded glitter papers but they are just for using them in elements if desired, they are not 12x12!!

Sonia, do you want me to make a .pat file from the glitters? Are they seamless?

As Sonia, i'm not enough good in English to find a good name. so i let this choice to the English-speaker (good pretext no ? smiley )

Hello Tina! it would be great if you could make a .pat file from the glitters, I tried to make it but I'm afraid they are not seamless because I saw the result was not perfect... I will upload now the resulting jpg and I will name it "proof", please tell me if it looks good!

So I noticed when I selected a solid pattern and copied the patterned paper into the solid area the result looked more jagged and less smooth... see the camera element. What do you think? How do you avoid that?

On a separate note, I see we are missing maybe some word art?

sonia, I just love your elements, so pretty! how in the world did you do that starfish?!!! I also just love the sun paper... and the pretty chevron with texture. smiley
christina, the blue shaded ombre paper is my fave! so pretty and so beachy.
robyn, how do you do the lovely ribbon work?! and the texture work. I have much to learn there!
ann, I'm loving all the wood papers! nothing says beach to me like a white washed wood paper.

I'm so psyched to be a part of this!!

Merritt, thank you very much for your words! The starfish is a photo, I didn't "create" it in Photoshop! smiley

Time for me to go to bed, here in Spain is 2.45 am!!

Wow you ladies have been busy while I slept.
I agree with JUST BEACHY for out kit name
Should we name our kit with jb at the front e.g. jb_rsl_passthekit_paper01.jpg

Merritt I agree we need wordart and also journal cards.
I will make some today. ( I am new to this so feel free not to include my things in the kit I am still learning)

I recommend: jb_rsl_paper01.jpg - eliminate passthekit - seems redundant and it's really just our project name and the downloaders will know that's what they're getting. Just my two cents!

I made a sizing guide in this post HERE and it has a lot of suggestions as far as what all you can make for a kit.

Tina that sizing chart is great.
Any suggestions on best way to make wordart?

Word art or alpha? Word art...layers! Lots of layers! smiley For alphas, I like to use a full alpha sheet with punctuation and numbers, and just edit the font all at once.

I have made one wordart and put in dropbox. Am I on the right track?

Tina I have never made an alpha. I assume that in pse11 I will need to make each letter individually. do we need an alpha? I can give it a go if we do but will need some advice.

I added a .psd file called"Alpha01" to the Dropbox folder...use it as a template if you'd like! Just make sure to use a font you have rights to use. No, you don't "need" an alpha, it's a choice...and some designers use a sheet and some make each character individually (or use an action that will).

Yes! Right track! smiley

Thanks I will give making an alpha ago. First I need to do some housework. grrr

That's OK...bedtime here in Texas! smiley

Night Tina. It is almost 2pm sunday afternoon here. Sleep well

Tina,
I renamed your elements so they are same as everyone else's. Hope that's ok.

I made an Alpha sheet using Tina's guide. Can someone tell me if it's ok and should it be a png or jpg
Also do I need to cut it apart and save as separate pngs?

Also should I redo the word art in the same alpha? I couldn't remember what I used to make wordart.

Robyn, I thinks you should save your alpha as png to avoid the white background. It would be easier to extract one letter.
For the wordart, you don't need to use your alpha. You can used a font which is ok for CU

Tina. Thnaks for your sizing guide. I'ts very useful

Anne, could you please look at the alpha sheet and see if it is ok. I saved it as a png

Journal card added to dropbox. I will be making more soon

Robyn,is it posible to take off the shadow ? As a costumer, i prefer to do my shadow myself

No it is part of the style. If you want shadow gone you will need to tell me how to remove it, I did not add it.

Pages