[NEW] DigitalScrapbook.com CU Blog Train - June 2016

40 posts / 0 new
Last post

Great Work Ladies, I like all parts smiley hope my part can be used, sorry i'm just a beginner...
doesn't fit it, please just delete

Looks Pretty good Andrea.

Ladies, remember that the train will go live on June 15th so please wait till then with sharing links to downloads. We will have a separate thread here where you will post links to your blogs or to where you host your freebie.

I scheduled mine for the 15th, Ania.

upps, excuse my rashly posted download link - was just deleted till June 15th

????QUESTION: If w're making CU Templates, why the need for a color palette?

Rose, so the elements and papers look more consistent through the blog train and also many elements look much better when they are in color, they are more appealing that way. The palette we chose is very neutral so it still gives a look of a template while at the same time it makes the elements or papers look more pleasing. I hope this explained it for you.

Quote:
Rose, so the elements and papers look more consistent through the blog train and also many elements look much better when they are in color, they are more appealing that way. The palette we chose is very neutral so it still gives a look of a template while at the same time it makes the elements or papers look more pleasing. I hope this explained it for you.

Thanks for trying, Ania, but I still don't understand...since most CU Templates are gray or black & white, for ease in altering it to make it your own, colors don't make sense to me, unless you expect the preview to display an "after" image as an example of how the template might be used. Is that what you mean?

Rose, if you're recoloring a layered vector template, a solid color or paper clipped to the layer in Normal mode turns out exactly the same as if you clipped it to a greyscale layer. We've got an off-black here which can still do greyscale elements for templates from extracted photos.

The color scheme is primarily to make the template previews look a little more appealing, which is why I'd suggested something with brighter colors, but I can see the point in using a more muted palette too.

Holly Wolf wrote:
....if you're recoloring a layered vector template, a solid color or paper clipped to the layer in Normal mode....

There are many ways of designing and I, personally, rarely use normal mode when clipping unless it's just the shape you wish to use, normal mode loses details; it's basically the same as 'fill'.

Anyway, I will figure out something. smiley

Pages