December 2019: Life Begins Challenge

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
December 2019: Life Begins Challenge

Welcome to the Life Begins Challenge this December 2019.

Please make a layout using both Yellowtail and Lato. Please do not use any additional fonts.

Lato is just an incredibly versatile font with 18 weights and has never, ever let me down. I am aware of its spacing issues in some weights with the capital letter I in conjunction with S and F and some other letters but we can always fix that. Nonetheless, I love Lato. Raleway does not have these issues and is quite similar but Lato is way more versatile than Raleway. And if that isn't enough: Just compare Lato's small 'g' to Raleway's small 'g'.

Please share your layout here in the forum and in the gallery. Here is a fantastic tutorial on how to do that. Many thanks to moderator Shawna Adkerson for providing this tutorial. Your layout can be any sort of layout, a piece of wall art, a scrapbook page, a traveler page, a journal page, a card, a bookmark, a recipe card, a scripture index card, a calendar page. Anything. It does not have to be a digital layout either.

I have made a page with Yellowtail (bath time) and Lato (rest). I also used Elif's glass style on the title and Brooke's watercolor style on one of the papers, rest by myself.

Credits: Marisa Lerin, Jessica Dunn, Elif Sahin.

Here are 2 more with Yellowtail and Lato and my February 2020 PSBT contribution, template by myself.

This one is with styles and patterns only. I used Sheila's Vintage Paper Style, Elif's Crumpled Style, Elif's Leather Style and Vintage StylePack14 by designTNT on this one:

smiley Please, also credit the graphics you have used for your page in the gallery and do mention the designer's name of a template or an element, such as a flower or a paper, you are using if attribution is not an option. Many thanks! smiley

And before I forget, please smiley support my feature request for the gallery and vote here.

The Details

1. Challenge ends when December 2019 does.
  2. You may enter as many layouts as you'd like but please post them to only one challenge.
  3. Do remember to tag your layouts with these two tags: dec 2019 life, dec 2019 layout challenge
  4. Please add it to the example layouts for the appropriate kit by following these steps.
  5. See entered layouts here.
  6. See updated rules here.

I have a question..... are we allowed to use another font for journaling?

smiley I cannot wait to see which one you'll pick, Anne-Marie!
I think the two do well with anything 'motion', leisure, sports, kids and so on.

I just re-read the instructions and I realise we cannot use another font at all. The given fonts are nice and I think might work for journaling.

Created using Kit sugar and spice by DayDream Designs

Thank you so much for playing, Catherine. smiley Fantastic layout, and such a beauty!

smiley Looks great, Becky! Love the brushwork, such a great way to say fall... I linked your layout for you...

Thanks, Bina! Sorry, I thought I had done that.

Thank you for the challenge!!

Credits: Elif Sahin ~ A Little Sparkle,
Marisa Lerin ~ Layout Template 193,
fonts ~ Yellowtail and Lato

smiley grand layout, love the classy understatement including a touch of whimsey to complement your great photo documentation. Your styling and sizing of Yellowtail and Lato: love it. Many thanks for playing, Tammy.

smiley Thanks so much for playing, AMarie! I love your page and your knitting looks just as fab. What is this going to be, a scraf, a throw?

Topic locked