Layout Challenge - Random - October 2016

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Layout Challenge - Random - October 2016

My challenge for you this week is to use the random search here at DigitalScrapbook.com to inspire your layout. On either the graphics page or the kits page click on the "random" sort by option. Use something from the first page to inspire your layout.

More Details

1. Challenge ends when October does.
  2. You may enter as many layouts as you'd like for a challenge, but please only post your layout to one challenge.
  3. You must tag your layouts with these two tags: oct 2016 layout challenge, oct 2016 random
  4. See entered layouts here.
  5. See updated rules here.
  6. Link your layout here in the forum to your gallery. Doing this makes it much easier for others to find your layout and smiley or comment on it. If you don't know how to do this there is a great tutorial here.

I used the random choice on the kits page,and chose the outdoors adventure bundle

My random were the pocket templates by Marisa.

I did the random selection on the graphics page and found myself a little inspiration for a Halloween layout. This is the graphic I chose to inspire me...

...and here is my layout.

LOVE the random challenge! Found "Oxford" by Marisa!! <e

I got the Sunset word art from Marisa and filled it with a sunset photo.

My random was A Little Sparkle

And here is my creation:

Another pick from the random template search was this template by Elif Sahin:

I found my color scheme and a couple of neat papers on the first random hit. I ended up using a bunch of elements (and the rose paper) from the Jane bundle to go with the feminine pics I wanted to use. It was a fun challenge!

On my next "random" search, I found Marisa's "Prague" bundle. Gorgeous!!!

Here's mine. My random graphic was Sheila Reid’s Shabby Wedding White-washed Multi Photo Page Frame:

https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/patacake-martin/gallery/wedding-the-guests-layout-oct-2016-challenge-random-family-celebration

This is such a great challenge! It gave me Sheila Reid's Rain Rain to use.

I created another, the random graphic being Marisa Lerin's P&G Paper Background 06:

I fear I am a bit off with this one, clicked in the commons, but found this goodie by Pauline Thompson

@Emily: Hey, I recognize that word art! I love how you've used it here, too!
@Bina: Oooohh, that kit by Pauline is a must-have for me--owls and autumn are perfect!
@Deb: Both of your layouts are fantastic!

@Marisa & Kaleena: This challenge needs to be done monthly, I think...the results are way too cool not to do so. It might be an idea to do a challenge using something from the Freebies forum sometime, too.

The WA by Elif Sahin 'this girl ' came up.

Topic locked