Layout Challenge - Recipe - Aug 2016

This week my challenge for you is to follow this recipe for your layout:

2 photos
4 papers
6 stars
6 other elements

More Details

1. Challenge ends when August does.
  2. You may enter as many layouts as you'd like for a challenge, but please only post your layout to one challenge.
  3. You must tag your layouts with these two tags: aug 2016 layout challenge, aug 2016 recipe challenge
  4. See entered layouts here.
  5. See updated rules here.
  6. Link your layout here in the forum to your gallery. Doing this makes it much easier for others to find your layout and smiley or comment on it. If you don't know how to do this there is a great tutorial here.

I love these layout challenges, because it makes me look to include things I normally wouldn't. Ofttimes, like this page, I look to use a kit made for something else (here, babies) to create a page. The 4 papers include two blended into the background and two used behind the tag. The second photo is a masked photo of the dog's harness. The rest is self-evident. I used the Oh Baby Baby collab--mostly Janet Scott's portion--elements, papers and, as usual, her paint kit, many of which find their way into my layouts. Here I used it as both background blends and masks for the photos. The stars came from Sheila's portion and the alpha (Melo's) was recolored to fit the layout.

@Julie I was going to leave a comment on your layout , because I love it, but there is no link. Just wanted to let you know in case it was a mistake.

Melanie, thank you! The link to the page is in red letters on the first line "this page." It works for me. Try clicking on it above and let me know. smiley I don't know how to direct link the photo with a click...

Ohhh okay!! I must've missed it.

My Gallery Link

I sort of cheated on the recipe to add two photos. I was going for more of a Diptych look, and split one photo in half.

I am using the challenges to document some of the moments I have missed while I have had a break from scrapbooking.
Layout about our truck and our blogging.

here's mine where I used three pictures. sorry about that, as i forgot that there should only be two.

I am so excited to upload to my first challenge!! I hope to play along and learn so much more!

Topic locked