DESIGNER: June 2013 - Make a Kit Challenge (week 1)

94 posts / 0 new
Last post
DESIGNER: June 2013 - Make a Kit Challenge (week 1)

Pick a color scheme and I'll give you a daily prompt to create something. By the end of the month you'll have a finished kit! Feel free to do which ever prompts you'd like, completing a mini kit is great too!

In this thread you may post:

1. Questions and comments on completing each asset.
  2. Finished assets and/or templates. You may of course post small thumbnail images if you are saving the finished product for something.
  3. I'll post a new thread each week so that things don't get too out of hand.
  4. Don't worry if you're behind or starting in the middle, feel free to share whatever you make.

June 2013 Kit Challenge Themes

I'm thinking papers for these, but really it's up to you and what you want to do:

Sat, June 1 - Stripes
Sun, June 2 - Polka Dots
Mon, June 3 - Geometric
Tues, June 4 - Plaid
Wed, June 5 - Fun Shape
Thur, June 6 - Floral
Fri, June 7 - Multiple Patterns

I think this might be fun Marisa! I am hoping that my life stays pretty calm so that I can participate.

I will try my best to be here and participate,i do plan on it,however life always gets in the way of my hobby.

I'm in!! I would like to know how to make that puffy flower please!

I'm in. smiley Can't wait to see what everybody comes up with.

Do we need to post our palette in the beginning?

This is my first time really designing anything, but I followed along with the last one and I'd really like to do this one! smiley

I have a ton of things going on this month so I have to work double/triple time so that I am ahead before I fall behind. My anniversary, my birthday, daughter's moving up day, doctors appointments galore, job hunting and so much more.

I am going for a fun house or carnival feel to this kit.

I picked a color palette that I thought seemed kind of summery. Here are my stripes papers. smiley

Looking good everyone! I'm going to be a bit busy myself, but I'm going to try and play along too. It's not too hard to make 1 thing a day...I guess I should go choose a palette...

@Angela: I used a felt action to make that flower. It's not currently available for download
@Michelle: You can post your palette, or not, it's up to you.

I'm in Marisa. This sounds like fun. Can't wait to get the creative juices flowing.

I hope that I have time to work on this. I have never designed anything before, but I think this would be a good time to try it smiley

@Renee - I love your papers. I can't wait to see the whole kit.

@Brittany - Well done!

This is my polka dot paper for tomorrow. smiley

I'm new here, and this may be answered elsewhere, but I haven't found it yet: Can we use the overlay templates from here to create papers for our kits? Or do they need to be completely original work?

@Penny: The goal is to stretch yourself. So do whatever you need to do to learn a little something new, while still being able to complete the challenges in a timely way.

Ok, here goes. I've never designed a kit before in fact this week will be my first attempt at designing anything. I'm not sure I'll be able to post everyday but I hope to participate at least this week. I really want to give a big THANK YOU to Marisa for your wonderful tutorials. Thanks!! -Danell

DINO STRIPES by Danell M, on Flickr

I like to participate in this designer challenge...I can learn so much and in the end I will have an awesome kit for everybody...at least I hope it will be awesome smiley.

My chosen colour palette is this one:

I will put the Download for the entire kit on my blog at the end of the month.

I finished my first papers for it.

01 Stripes

02 Polka dots

Hope to be able to take part the most days smiley.

Here is my stripes for the 1st:

[img][/img]

My polka dots for the 2nd:

[img][/img]

Thanks, Marisa!

Day 2 Polka Dots

DINO POLKA STRIPES by Danell M, on Flickr

DINO ORANGE POLKA DOTS by Danell M, on Flickr

GREEN POLKA ORANGE CIRCLES by Danell M, on Flickr

Looks good everyone! I can't believe I'm already behind...

This month I'm going to play with bright colors. The name of the kit is Smiling Faces and here's the palette

1 - Stripes 2 - Polka Dots

Such beautiful work! I am already behind too smiley

OOh! I love all the palates posted so far and can see this will be another month of overload on the download. My HD is groaning already but they are just too pretty to resist. Thank you all in advance. I'll try to reciprocate a little but fun time is very limited lately.

Here are my papers for today:

Here are first samples:
Color Palette

Stripes

Polka Dots

Geometric

Plaid

Fun Shape

Day 3 - Geometric Patterns

DinoStomp Geo Pattern by Danell M, on Flickr

Stripes
[img][/img]
Polka Dots
[img][/img]
Geometric
[img][/img]
Plaid
[img][/img]
Fun Shape
[img][/img]
Floral
[img][/img]
Multiple Patterns
[img][/img]

I so wish I had time for this challenge!! How fun!

Pages

Topic locked