Digital Scrapbooking Day October 1, 2016

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Digital Scrapbooking Day October 1, 2016

Is anyone else here planning on participating in DSD 2016 by offering something (freebie, coupon, etc.) on a blog? I'm putting together a mini-kit to post on my blog. smiley

I am always kind of at a loss for these events. If anyone has any thoughts, let us know!

Marisa, DigitalScrapbook.com is so giving year around that it almost seems silly to do something special on DSD. I can't even think of anything else that you could give!! Maybe some sort of DSD layout challenge?

I agree with Erin- I was just curious if anyone here was doing something on their blogs (individually, not as part of a bigger DigitalScrapbook.com thing). But a layout challenge would sure be fun!

I don't have much in my store yet but I can run a sale in the store and try to get a freebie up. No promises on the freebie tho. lol! I've been swamped lately! But it would be my first "event" outside of a blog train and it sounds fun.

If we have any moderators who would like to host different challenges throughout the day/evening....or designers who might want to have Q/A for a bit in the forums...that might be nice.

I've been thinking on this since Marisa comment, and was trying to think about what we could do that usually some of the "real world" scrap parties my daughter & I went to once did.

They would also have us set a goal for layouts scrapped and encourage us to do some "speed scrapping". So just some quick layout challenges, and perhaps a few drawing for a few more download credits for a someone from those participating...etc. In the real scraps, they'd give a sheet of stickers, or something like that to someone.

I also thought a chance to interact with any of the designers that could be available might be nice.
Thoughts? I know it might not work well for many as it's in the middle of the week, but who knows. Even if we just post questions and the designers answer some of them that weekend, I think it would be cool and boost some community!

I like the idea of a Q&A Laura! I will be away most of October 1st, but since there is an 8 hour time difference I might still have some time left to answer questions. I could definitely answer the rest in the weekend. How about it Marisa?

I always forget to put DSD in my agenda, so it's always suddenly there without me noticing it beforehand, leaving me with no time to think about something to prepare for it smiley. So thank you for the heads up Laurel! smiley

I like all of Laura's suggestions. A weekend full of challenges and some Q&A time sounds like a lot of fun! smiley

I will likely have a 48 hours of free rotating tutorials from my membership (rotating every hour).... if you have time to spare through all that shopping and scrapping! smiley

We will be running discounts all week at Iaconagraphy, with more announcements on our Facebook Page on Wednesday, plus fun freebies (starting Wednesday), etc. (All of our Alice stuff is on sale right now for half-off; use coupon code GOMADDSD16!)