The 100 Days Project 2019

209 posts / 0 new
Last post
The 100 Days Project 2019

Anyone thinking about joining in the 100 Days project, where you commit to doing something every day for 100 days? We can get a little community going here for people who are thinking about joining.

https://www.the100dayproject.org/

I'm going to make the attempt!! Pixel has tons of kits and I have tons of ideas. Thanks Marisa.

Also I don't have an Instagram account - so assuming you guys have done this before - I could post my LO's here?

I mean at DigitalScrapbook.com, not on this thread specifically.

This thread is just for seeing who is interested. I think.

I am busy making up my list of pages!!

@Robynne- I was just looking at the FAQ, and it does state that posting on another platform is ok if you don't have Instagram. I feel like I'd probably want to continue posting mine here as well, since putting it on my private IG account (where most of my kid pics are) is pointless for this project. I do have a more public account that I could probably share on in stories, but that one is more or less all sewing related so I don't think I'd post in the regular feed.

I've been debating doing 100 days this year. I did hand lettering once, mixed media once, and 10 minutes in my craft room another. Failed miserably last year. This year we're in the midst of moving - new house has wallpaper in each room that needs to come down and nicotine covering everything to be cleaned off. So I was just going to forget 100days, but I didn't think about doing something digitally. I could probably succeed at that.

....considering this now.

I know I haven't said anything more, but I am all ready to go - starting tomorrow!!!!

OK - So I have posted my first page - Day 1 - See link below.

https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/robynne-lozier/gallery/100-day-project-2019-layout-100dayproject-red-peach-brown

I am going to record all my pages in this thread just so I am recording them somewhere.

If anyone else wants to join in, feel free to do so.

great job Robynne!!!

Day 2 - 1964 - The year I was born - is now up. There are not a lot of family photos from back then, and also not a lot of the town I grew up in, so I have to find whatever I can online.

https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/robynne-lozier/gallery/my-life-1964-layout-ttt-taupo-totara-timber-company-new-zealand-100-days

Day 3 - World Architecture - I was an early reader!! The 1965 page is now up.
This photo has always been one of my most favourite family pics of me!!

https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/robynne-lozier/gallery/day-3-world-architecture-layout-reading-books-owls-favorite-red-orange-yellow

I've been quiet on here, but so far, I have managed to work for all 4 days and get 3 layouts done. (The first one took me two days because my toddler kept climbing on the computer desk and pounding on my keyboard. smiley ) These were all catching up on last month and I have one page left to go on that, so hopefully I can keep up and continue working through my backlog. My main goal on this is to get as much of our family album done as I can, at least the portion after the last batch of photos I printed for paper scrapping back in 2016. Especially my younger son's baby pictures, before his new brother or sister arrives!

I thought the little burrito in the second layout was cute...

May I ask when are you due?

Getting rid of the backlog is a good idea.

@Robynne - I'm due in the beginning of September.

And I managed to get about half a layout done today, hopefully I'll manage to get it finished tomorrow.

MMM I can't seem to be able to save a layout in the middle of creation.

I have to complete the whole layout - no matter how long it takes me. Some layouts take me just 2 hours, and others take anywhere up to 6 hours - but most of that time is because it takes me forever to find the right elements (especially those that match the image and the theme) which adds to the time. Once I have all the right pieces in the same folder then the whole layout all seems to come together as I put all the elements in place, just like a jigsaw puzzle.

I am lucky in that I no longer have a child to run around after. My teenage (only child) son spends as much time on the computer as I do when he is not in school. And he is pretty much able to manage for himself. smiley

It also helps that I have so many photos and ideas and have been collecting images, elements, and papers into various folders for each of the 100 days so that by the time I get to that day, I wont have to do too much more looking around. Hopefully I will just be able to open my software and start fitting the pieces together like a jigsaw.

I have 2 big events coming up in May that I will have to stop and make pages for - which will in effect interrupt the timeline - but that's OK.

I think that by the time this projects ends, i will be so in the habit of making a page a day, that I wont be able to stop. But the only thing that will slow me down is when I run out of photos.....

Am not looking forward to that day. I LOVE being creative like this. I always hated my art classes at school. I cannot draw for peanuts, but I was always good at doing jigsaw puzzles.

And creating digital scrapbooking pages, to me is doing art and jigsaw puzzles - at the same time. To me these activities are both creative and challenging.

I wish I had discovered this earlier: but then again, I probably would not have been able to do as much while I had to run around after my son smiley

PS and in case you haven't noticed, I am just NOT a frilly or flowery type of person. I don't do flowers. I seldom add flowers to a page just to hide a space. I usually find something else in keeping with the theme.

My most favourite flowers are tulips, and I also love monarch butterflies too. If I have to add in some kind of decoration, especially to cover up a bad spot, then those two themes tend to show up the most on my pages.

Day 6 is now up - This was a national event in 1967, so it did not take me too long to do. The theme just wrote itself!!

https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/robynne-lozier/gallery/1967-currency-conversaion-layout-conversion-dollars-and-cents-100-days

Days 5-6 for me. Now I just have to do about 2 layouts from last week (an extra since we had an early birthday celebration for the younger boy), and I'll be back in the backlog.

I have done this for 1 whole week. Still eager to do more!!

Day 7 now up - this was my Kindergarten year when I was 4 years old.

https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/robynne-lozier/gallery/day-7-kindergarten-1968-layout-hand-print-foot-music-education-orange-yellow

For my day 7, I took a break from the current and went back to April 2017 for my younger son's first week.

Day 9 January 1970 - I'm still aged 5 - I haven't had my 6th birthday yet - going on an adventure to Cape Kidnappers. This will be a 2 parter. Will try and get the second page up today as well - otherwise tomorrow.

https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/robynne-lozier/gallery/day-9-1970-going-on-an-adventure-layout-cape-kidnappers-100-days-project

I had to delay my project for a day, since life kept me out for about 15 hours on Tuesday and I never had a chance to sit at the computer. So here's my slightly belated days 8-9. Another 2017 photo set.

So Becky, is that 4 generations? You do have 2 sons, right? Very nice photos.

@Robynne- yes, 2 boys, and TBD on the third. (We find out in a week!) So that's my sons, my husband, his dad and his grandfather.

The boys were willing to actually sit calmly with a cartoon, so I got a layout in early this morning. This was a weekly page for last week.

Very nice Family you have Becky. My Day 11 layout will be up soon. Almost done.

Day 12 - Early 1970s - These were very boring and quiet years - I do not have many photos of these years.

https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/robynne-lozier/gallery/early-1970s-layout-school-boarding-class-photo-wedding-family-portraits-red

Don't worry - Things will get more exciting - you'll just have to wait a few more days/years.

Thanks, Robynne! I think I'll keep them. smiley

Another layout that took 2 days to make (my younger boy's birthday was today, so we had a busy weekend!). So here's days 11-12, for his family birthday party that we had last weekend.

Very nice birthday page. smiley

My son was in daycare for most of his early birthdays - (1st to 5th at least) because I was working back then - so his parties were daycare parties. So I would buy a cake from the supermarket and take it to daycare, light the candles and everyone sang happy birthday. This was way back before cakes were banned from daycares and schools - something to do with dietary restrictions for some kids. Naturally, there were no peanuts of course. And everyone got a small piece of cake.

Pages