April 2017 Blog Train - Working

113 posts / 0 new
Last post

Link will be active April 1

Sweet, Dawn! I love the individual roses, and the boot, and the bee, and the papers......everything looks awesome!

All this looks so amazing.

Doing great ladies!

I have a question! Forgive me if it's simple, I'm still learning smiley

I've made 3x4 and 4x3 cards for journaling. Now I've made a set of 4x4 cards. Are 4x4 cards pocket cards or still journal cards? I thought that pocket cards were cards with writing on them already or no space to journal but that doesn't seem to be correct. I'd just like to label my previews correctly! smiley Thanks!

I think the term pocket cards just refers to all cards, any size. Most people call the ones with space to write "journal cards" and the ones without space to write are "filler cards"

Thanks Erin smiley

So I added some filler cards smiley I think this along with my other journal cards will be it from me for this one!

this is sooooo goood!

oh. my. goodness. You guys are so talented! I love the designs I am seeing.

Just fabulous !! smiley You gals make absolutely beautiful designs. The swatch is brilliant. Love everything.
@Kayl: I think your cards and the elements are fantastic. smiley smiley

I thought I'd get in some practice with making patterns in Illustrator. And blind everyone while I'm at it smiley

Wowser, Trish! Looks like you rocked that Illustrator! Very pretty.

Thank you!

Great job! I have tried so hard to like illustrators pattern making and I do in theory! But goodness, I cannot get the hang of it at all! Even with youtube tutorials and such! Good on you!

@Kayl: I noticed Adobe exchanged the entire video tutorial section, all the old goodies are gone on CC.... but loads of new tuts also on pattern making like here and here. HTH

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing those with me smiley

Thanks Kayl and Sunny.

I spent most of my time on Illustrator shouting at my computer and googling because I have no idea what the frick I'm doing. I tried it out for the first time a few years ago and then went NOPE because it was too much of a challenge and I couldn't be bothered.

Logically I know that it's probably easier to make repeating patterns in Illustrator but Photoshop is soooooooooo much easier for me.

I do whip Illustrator out on occasion when I'm feeling masochistic. smiley

That sounds exactly like me! exactly!!! Haha! I got it maybe 6 months ago. Watched a bunch of tutorials, read so many articles, played around for maybe 2-3 hours and got so frustrated that I just shut it all down and walked away!

Photoshop is likely more difficult to make/create patterns in but man I'm a lot better at it that way than illustrator!

Those tutorials that Bina linked a couple comments above might help us if we ever are feeling masochistic hahaha perfect adjective! smiley

I created several paper packs for this train. Here are several of them, and I still have two more that I hope to finish in time. I'm still not sure which of these I will put in my shop and which I'll offer in the train.

Thanks for the tut links, Bina. I too have illustrator, and have yet to open it. It's only been a year now, so I don't want to rush into things, ya know.......

@ Sunny, smiley enjoy. @Kayl: YW smiley

ladies these blogtrain is a great nummer again...I'm impatient to wait till the 1.04....

Is anyone else having problems posting layouts and forum posts today? I can't get anything to work. I tried commenting in the "community support" forum and that wouldn't work either.

I've had issues the past two days, posting in the forum. I hit the "Post Reply" button, and it looks like nothing happens. But when I refresh my page, the post is there. Once I hit the "Post Reply" twice because I didn't see anything happen, and it posted the same message twice. It could be just my system.....

I havent had any issues commenting but I have had problems with images loading or pages loading these last few days.

Looking forward to this blog train and the contributions from all you talented designers! I love watercolours.

We've had the odd few inches of raindrops over the past week so I should wade outside and take some photos to scrap. smiley

No rainbows though - need sunshine for that!!

Thank you everyone - in advance
Trish

Same here. So far I haven't been able to ul today and yesterday.

I have read some posts in the forum of community members asking for layout templates that would allow for a lot of text. I am really interested in your comments. Thanks in advance. smiley

I'm unable to see your photo! It appears I don't have permission to view it according to dropbox.

Dropbox has changed so much of its viewing and sharing permissions. I had so much trouble just trying to get my pictures to upload to this forum and have it show up in my preview. I think I'm about ready to call it quits with dropbox.

Pages

Topic locked