44% (59 votes)
Summer Nights image
Summer Nights
30% (41 votes)
I'm Happy image
I'm Happy
24% (33 votes)
Total votes: 133

*sigh* I hope I manage to be able to participate, but that may not be possible for August. I've been informed they're giving my grandmother anywhere from a week to a month until her slide through dementia reaches its end, so I may have to worry more about last-minute flights and making sure my suit fits.

Holly,
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

Theresa, she's 92 and been dealing with dementia for about 5 years--and her dementia has made her verbally abusive to everyone rather than just thinking it's 50 years ago. As horrible as it is to say, her death will probably be a blessing for both her and for the mental health of those of us around her. smiley Still, it's never easy burying someone you knew well, so it's going to be tough even though I've been half-expecting this call for a few years.

Holly, I'm very sorry about your grandmother. My Great-Grandmother had dementia as well. She lived with us toward the end of her life and watching the process was horrible. She was aware in her mind but couldn't verbalize what she wanted. It also made her angry and she would kick us if we got near her, rip up my sister's homework and hide food under her bed. It was almost a blessing in disguise when she passed she was miserable and she was close to 90. The only thing was I was 8 months pregnant with my first daughter when she died and if she had lived a few more months, we would have had 5 generations of living females in my family. Those would have been amazing photos to scrap.

I just love the fun colors in Bugs World!

I voted!!
Hoping i can get a kit made,i will try my best.

I voted..... A bug's world.. That remind me so much of the Disney Bug's Life! I LOVE all the Disney characters... smiley

Holly, I'm sorry and my prays go to you and your family. I lost my Grandmother 2 years ago; sort of the same way, and it was so sad...

It's a bug's life has my vote.
Holly, so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Take care.

It's a Bugs World for me

So happy , it's looks like the bugs are winning smiley

Holly , sorry to hear about your grandma, wishing you the best.

@Holly…sad to hear about your grandmother, blessings on her, you, and your family smiley

Holly, sending good thoughts and blessings to you and your family. Stay strong and don't worry about not doing August when you are under so much stress. Hugs.

I'm surprised bugs are winning... Bugs are just not my thing. Hopefully I can think of something for that blog train...

Sally, designing stuff is a stress reliever for me--it's just a question of whether I'll have the computer time at home or if I'll have to do all of my elements in ArtRage for Android. (Phone is a Galaxy Note 3 with a stylus, so it's not impossible, just no pressure sensitivity.) I might be able to start drawings on my phone and finish them in the PC version, too, or even take my graphics tablet with me and install ArtRage on my parents' computer, if I have time.

Melanie: A Bug's World.... that could be a garden, or a meadow, or the dirt under a tree...if you're not into bugs, why not make some flowers?

I'm really partial to the Summer Nights Pallette. I love those colors together!

@Melanie…Holly is right, you don't have to do bugs, do the flowers and things in their "world"

I'm struggling with ideas for the bugs theme too! My skills aren't really high enough to make flowers or even know where to start with those, and creepy crawlies are not my thing whatsoever! (Though my husband, the kind soul he is, 'relocates' most things rather than killing them) The colors are nice but the theme is just throwing me! Hopefully seeing what others make gives me inspiration. I think there is wordart potential among the theme 'the ants go marching' haha Apparently I'm back at getting songs stuck in peoples heads! Sorry about that!

Sorry to hear, Holly. smiley Sending good thoughts and vibes.

When I'm stuck, Kayl, I start making papers in the color palette while thinking about how the theme relates to my life. Then I've got some papers if inspiration doesn't strike, and if it does, I've got a lot to release!

Your word art sounds like a good place to start with this theme, too. As far as making flowers, it's not horribly difficult for the simpler basics. Grab some custom shapes from here, put them on individual layers, clip your papers to them, perhaps stack them up. Or grab some flower templates and change the colors by clipping a solid color or gradient layer to them, perhaps in "Overlay" or "Color" blend modes. Also check Shapes4Free for custom shapes--it'll give you some free ones to work with. Just make sure you try to make something that's not just "take someone else's work, slap a paper/color on it"--maybe add an outline stroke in the layer styles, or stack 2-4 of them up so that you've created something unique. Remember to shadow the stacked layers. You can do it! smiley

Holly, designing is a stress release for me also. Unfortunately, my physical problems limit my time as it's difficult for me to sit at the computer for long periods of time. This dang wheelchair just isn't very comfortable and my back is so bad after four surgeries that it's a struggle. I don't know what I'd do without it, but I get frustrated. Hope you'll be able to work things out so you can do the designing you want. I'm still debating how I want to tackle "Bugs Life," but I'll come up with something. It might be a good break from working with the Victorian images as they take a lot of time and very detailed work to clean them up, extract, etc. Blessings to you and yours.

Holly, you have my sympathies with this. My father is in the early stages of dementia and it is really difficult for the family. He is 84 and now in a care centre. I agree that death is probably a blessing for her and all around her. I am also waiting for that call every day.

When is the final choice made of the theme and palette? And when can I get the palette to start playing please? I really want to do this one.

I voted for Summer nights thinking those are great sunset colors. Now I hope I will be able to return to creatimg again.

Wow! I went for "A Bug's World" as I felt we were already having a summer theme with the July Blog Train and the "I'm Happy" whilst having gorgeous colours which I'd love to see, they don't quite say "I'm happy" to me... More likely, "I'm relaxed" or "peaceful..."

Voted for "Summer Nights" as I love the night, and the colour combo for this palette, but it looks as though "A Bug's World" will win. smiley

Topic locked