August 2015 Blog Train - Working

184 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ladies, it all looks great!

Hi Tina! I think your papers are splendid!...They are exciting and fun at the same time...not sure about the bugs tho' :(...don't like creepy crawlies...I had voted Summer Nights...though the bugs topic had a more vibrant colour pallette...but, still, can't wait for what the others come up with!

Hi dawn...love your kit..!

Oh, wow! They are so cute I want to cuddle them!!!

Thank you, Chitra!

@Chitra: Don't let the creepy crawlies scare you off from participating. Remember, the theme is "A Bug's World", not "bugs"--and there are an awful lot of bugs whose world is your neighbor's flower garden or backyard. You could make a whole flower garden kit without putting any bugs in it at all. Or you could go creative with the dislike of them and make a kit about all the dangers of their world like flyswatters, bug zappers, shoes, birds, Venus flytraps, cans of Raid, spiderwebs, etc. Or if neither of those appeals or you're not up to making them, you could make a bunch of elements that every kit needs like papers, frames, ribbons, or a cute alpha that isn't kit-specific.

And before anyone asks, those two ideas are fair game for anyone who's struggling for inspiration--I'm doing monarch butterflies in watercolor, focusing on metamorphosis and change as a necessary part of growth. The word art may be much less cute than what I've seen so far, but I think it'll help make the train usable for more things. (And I might still draw up some cute bugs if I have time, just for fun!)

I'm with Holly! You can always do a set of solid papers or patterned papers or an alpha or word art or miscellaneous elements like she said! None of that has to have anything to do with bugs at all! smiley

@Holly:Thanks, Holly, for your suggestions...yes, it seems definitely feasible...but since I'm new to everything and you guys have been doing this everything for a long time, I'm not sure at all...especially about uploading, providing links, hyper-linking, etc, etc...and yes, I did read thro' the thread about Marisa info on uploading, etc....maybe next time...hopefully...

You gotta' start somewhere! smiley At a minimum, name your item(s) appropriately, zip them appropriately and you can provide that download link here, if that's what you can get done (versus posting to a blog and linking to that, etc.).

Everyone here is friendly and doesn't bite and are more than helpful, if needed!

I am new to all this...so it will sound silly, I know :)...but if I want to create something for the blog train, and want to use elements from my stash, it has to be named PU, right?...is it ok to use from kits that were marked PU? Or I have to create things entirely new?

Here is my kit:

Chitra
You can't use elements or papers from PU kits you purchased or got as a freebie. You need to create your elements or use CU elements you purchased or got as freebies.

@Tina...love your splatter papers and beautiful bugs!!

@Liza...wow those patterns are awesome!!

@Amara...those are such cute bugs!!

@Marcela...fantastic alpha and beautiful papers!!

oops, didn't get to page 2...

@Marcela...those are gorgeous papers!!

@Liza...oh my your kit is so charming, I adore it!!

@Chitra, I'm so glad you like my kit!! I hope you will join the blog train, it is so much fun!! And I want to repeat what Tina and Liza have already said; you can not use elements and papers that are marked as PU (personal use), also you can't use items marked as S4H (scrap for hire) or S4O (scrap for others). You will need to either make your own elements and papers or you can use elements and papers marked CU (commercial use) or CU4CU (commercial use for commercial use). You can look up those terms online for a more detailed description of exactly what they mean.

All that said, I truly hope you will join in; papers are a great way to get started.
'

Thank you Dawn.

@Dawn: I'm so glad your explanation made things clear...so relieved now!...and wow! I have a great many things to think about , find out, etc...You girls are really great for your helping nature!

Thank you so much, Dawn!

@Liza:Thank you!

Here's my part, on blog Dea's designs

Chitra, it's pretty easy to make papers--you'll want at least one color layer and a texture file to make it. I'd start with some free brushes from here or somewhere like BrushEezy, and/or some custom shapes from here or Shapes4Free. Scatter them around on one layer, do a solid color underneath them, and grab one of the overlay layers from here and put it on top in overlay or screen mode to give it some texture. Play with the layer blend modes if you like--sometimes you come up with really pretty effects that way.

Have fun!

Feeling a little buggy, ladies? smiley Bugs was a great idea!! So much fun to work on!

@Holly": You're really sweet Holly! Can I put up a couple of things here which I made & would you take the trouble to tell me if its worthy of something? No idea if its 300 dpi, or etc? This is just for my information...not that I want to upload...some critical feedback is all I'm looking for... smiley

This is what I have so far. I'm hoping to have time to do a couple more mini-kits. Actually, I hate bugs, but this was fun to do.

Phyllis, I love your fireflies!! This is wonderful!

Wow!!! I am so overwhelmed by all the amazing work so far! Great designs and fun bugs!

smiley OMGOSH..[b]it's only July 10 and y'all have some many beautiful kits made!
[/b]

@Marcela: This is really wow!!!

Pages

Topic locked