Feb 2015 Blog Train: Ideas

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Feb 2015 Blog Train: Ideas

What should we do in February? Leave your palette and theme ideas below.

i've already got some cats, hearts & carneval masks sketched- and it would be super cool if the BT would go in that direction ;D
plus trendy colors like pink/ black/ white/ gold... mmm yum...

or is that perhaps too obvious?!
either way, hope it's decided soon- while i'm still scratching this designer itch of mine! smiley

What about a Wedding Carnivale theme? Romantic, but not wish-washy romantic, even if February is Valentine's month. Strong, bright colours, and fun, happy, joy-of-living images. Think Rio, flamboyant street parades, glitters, costumes, masks teamed with the excitement of falling head-over-heels in love. Vibrant, dramatic, and FUN.

We've done lots of soft and pastel colors I would love to use some deep, rich tones

Possible theme…Rustic Winter

I feel like a carnival theme might be a little... redundant, since we did At the Fair in August, and that also took on a carnival feeling. I like the idea of blacks and golds, deep rich tones, but with some traditional pink. Here are some that could be combined that I like. And it could be open theme, so if you don't want to do VDay, you can still use your resources and ideas that you have.

I like the soft colors, with the black in this one;

Here are some 'metal tones' that could go with it;

My suggestions are: Rescue animal kit ( Thats about love) or a kit based on Self confidence, loving yourself , believing in yourself. The second one you could use any colors really.
But my vote goes to animal rescue smiley

I agree with Nicole, we just did a carnival-ish theme with the At the Fair, the Animal Rescue is unusual so it sounds very interesting to me smiley

how about a mardi gras / masquerade thème in blacks, whites and golds or traditional mardi gras colors

how about V-day w/a twist instead of the usual softer side try a more manly colors w/a touch of feminine as the accent...just a thought

I love this one smiley And perfect for the wedding carnevale idea smiley Or even an "hipp" theme smiley

Or maybe this one smiley

When carnival was first mentioned, I was DEFINITELY thinking more carnevale/masquerade and less carnival/fair. BUT, I wonder if we might want to go the carnevale/masquerade more into March?

I REALLY like the colours that were used for this engagement party HERE (black, white, gold, pink, cream -and splashes of fuchsia, peach, and soft orange), and definitely along the same lines as what a lot of you were thinking.

And, I think the colours can be diverse enough for contributions to be mushy, cordial, about marriage, about falling in love, about not being in love with anyone at all, about self-esteem, etc. smiley

i'm with mollie & jessica on the colors! (...sorry mollie- no "u" for me) ;D

and my idea of a carnival is a "masquerade" one- brasil, venice, croatia (yeah, we got it too!)... but if most people here are americans, i can understand it's not that interesting- you've just had halloween (we've just started taking our costumes out) smiley
"weddings" i can't relate to, but "love" is a very wide term, that could cover a lot of different things.
maybe if it's called "for the love of..." - and than you can take it in any direction you wish.
or "carnival of love" - that covers both! smiley

"self esteem" is also awesome, since jan/feb is a depressive time of the year (not for me, though- i'm loving it, it's magical!) - in some artjournalish style, with bold colors & lots of positive statements (wordarts)

lol. Paddy, I picked up the u after spending a ridiculous amount of time in high school on the once-British virtual pets site Neopets. lol. Now it takes considerable effort to spell colour without it, and it has leaked into other words like favourite and honour. My spell-check goes nuts. smiley

Mollie, those colours are gorgeous! I also loved the acrylic frame with the couple's love story written on it!
smiley

I like the Mardi Gras and Valentines ideas, but at some point I would love to see one that is maybe sports themed. I know not everyone has kids, but my son just finished his first year of high school football, and is now playing basketball, my daughter just finished basketball and volleyball and will be starting softball in a couple of months. probably 95 percent of the last pictures I have taken that I need to scrapbook are sports of one kind or another. Super bowl will be coming up and many people have parties for that also. Just an idea!

I'm with Dawn: Rustic Winter. I love the colors she picked out on all her palettes. However, Maree's Rescue animal kit is also a great idea.

Love Dawn's Rustic Winter palette/theme

I love Dawn's colour palette selections.

I'm for Dawn's Rustic Winter, especially the 1st palette. However, Maree's idea as to a Rescue animal kit is also great.

I like Mollie's palette but I needed to see it together... smiley

I love Mollie's colours, seeing them all together really helps - thanks Tina! We just did Winter, in Winter Arabesque, so no Rustic Winter for me, even though the colors are really pretty too. Carnivale also doesn't give me a creative spark, I had a really hard time with the At the Fair one too. Carnivale here in Holland kind of consists of dressing up like a complete idiot and drink yourself into a come. Not my kind of party... I always try to flee the country smiley

Love should be a wide enough theme to fits lots of ideas.

exactly melo, that's carnival euro style! lol! smiley but a unique oportunity to get insanly crazy! and i mean, off the charts... our town does a ridiculous political satire kind of fest & since our politicans are all idiots, the event is an all around huge success smiley

but anywhoo, a huge yes to mollies palette (thanks tina!)

Oh, Tina, thanks! That looks GREAT!! smiley If we go with these colours, I am going with "Love is a Battlefield!" And if we don't do these colours, I am doing it anyway! LOL. My muse has bitten! Hahaha. >:D

I think a pet rescue theme is a great idea since it is a theme that isn't done much and I think a lot of people are drawn to unusual themes. I really think it would draw a lot of people to our blogs. And like so many others the first palette in my post for rustic winter (post #5) would work excellent and it is colors we haven't really done recently, maybe add in a couple of the colors from the second palette. Also pet rescue ties in with the "love" associated in February with valentines day

Truthfully, I didn't even collect the "At The Fair" train - the colours just didn't appeal to me. Personally, I would still like to see a Masquerade / Mardi Gras / Carnival theme, but most of you don't seem to want to go there!

I do like the colours in Dawn's Rustic Winter, but as it's currently summer in hot, sunny Australia, I don't really want another winter theme. I also like Nicole's and Jessica's palettes, as well as Holly's neutrals in the second image, but my favourite is still Mollie's!

I really like Paddy's For The Love Of... theme, and Maree's Pet Rescue, too.

I love Dawn's rustic winter palette shown in post #5 and I like the idea of an open theme.

PET RESCUE PLEASE smiley Love that Idea !

Melo said: "Carnivale here in Holland kind of consists of dressing up like a complete idiot and drink yourself into a come. Not my kind of party"

It´s the same here in Brazil, with two extras: The women´s outfits seems to be based on that ugly posers you see on tagger´s sites and the music is aweful.

I´d love the pet rescue theme, specially because I started volunteering for a cat shelter two months ago (and I also have rescued some cats by my own through the years... and lots in 2014...)

I see there is a lot of interest for a pet rescue theme. Maybe we can go for a more general love for animals theme, like for instance "Fur Babies" or "Furry Friends". With this theme it's of course still possible to go in the direction of pet rescue, but it gives people also the possibility to be inspired to go in another direction. I was thinking about these sorts of colors for this theme:

But I'm also loving the Venetian Carnival theme! For this I was thinking about these colors:

I think all the ideas expressed so far are so thoughtful and colorful! I always just think of February as Love...
Definition of Love by Dragonfire Graphics, on Flickr

Pages

Topic locked