Feb 2015 Blog Train: Working

95 posts / 0 new
Last post
Feb 2015 Blog Train: Working

The votes are in and the palette for February is Rustic Charm.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

See here for general details on DigitalScrapbook.com blog trains.

I kinda like that this got chosen. I have a cute idea if I can find the time to finish anything!

Here is my part smiley

LOVE your add-on papers, Jessica. smiley

Here is mine.

I had to give a little nod to our hoped for furry friends theme

These are wood textured solids

Wow! I'm just now coming to get the theme/palette for Feb. and some of you are already done. smiley

Gorgeous, Dawn! I do like these colours, even though I'm not inspired to create anything myself. So this one is for collecting, not creating this time, I'm afraid!

I'm on the same wave-length as Dawn. Rustic Charm, to me, also conjures images of a garden- and country-living-inspired theme.

I'm thinking rustic and woodsy.. Not so much country but like deep woods living or something.

@Nicole, your take on the rustic theme sounds fantastic, too!!

Jessica and Dawn: Those kits are fantastic! I'm going to give this blog train a try this month but I know already I won't have anything as spectacular as those!
I wasn't too thrilled with this palette or the theme, but I've decided it's good to be challenged outside of my comfort zone.

@Jessica, love all your beautiful papers and awesome elements!!

@BethAnn, I'm so glad you are going to go ahead and put together something for this blog train, I bet you surprise yourself and create something really beautiful!!

Lovely work, ladies!!

-Lisa

After about 6 months of not doing blog trains, I have decided to jump on board this one! I have made a few bits and pieces already but have definitely gone in a totally different direction to others with it! Mine is all rust, wood, metal and things like mason jars, hanging lightbulbs etc. I can't wait to see everyones!

@Anita, we're thinking along the same lines. The mental image I got of 'rustic' when I saw this theme, was old fashioned rural farming: barn board, rusty hinges and garden gates.

just a little teaser smiley

at first i wasn't really feeling the colors nor the theme but when these first 3 parts were made i was hooked.
i'm definitely allowing myself some artistic freedom in interpretation of FebBT, hope you won't mind...
working under the moto "no rust, just charm" smiley
i've still got a couple idea i'd like to try out, but a real preview should follow soon.

@jessica - get out! how on earth did you create 2 full blown kits so soon?! they look incredible smiley

Thanks everyone smiley Your parts looks amazing too smiley And Paddy i don't know smiley Couldn't sleep so i stayed up all night and worked and this is what happend smiley And Anita looking forward to seeing yopr piece i love that kind of stuff but i can't make it smiley

@Anita and Beth Ann, I love the direction it sounds like you two are going!!

@ Paddy, love your teaser, especially that flowered paper!!

Love all the ideas floating around here. Kits posted so far are looking beautiful.

So far everything is looking great! I just started working on mine this morning; I've only got a few papers done. I have so many ideas in my head for elements that it'll probably end up being a total mish-mash. lol

Yikes, I missed the posting of this somehow! Love everything so far! Must get going!

I've been playing around too smiley

Although i just noticed i should redo the preview, one of my flowers sunk behind the fur. And ofcourse i forgot to save the work in progress whihi! So it might change but this is what i am working with smiley

These will be available on my blog March 1:

I love your kit Phyllis...especially all the wildlife!

Thank you, Jennifer.

Definitely going to try to come up with something for this. The colors are really pretty, but I'm not a rustic person, so I'll have to do some thinkin'.

I cannot wait to download your kit, Phyllis! smiley

Thank you, Vidia.

Well here they are. Hopefully I will get time to do an Alphabet at some stage. I got a little carried away with this one I must admit! Considering I started with no inspiration... Hope there is something in there for everyone. I've kept each set small to help people with downloading. They will of course be on my blog come the 1st of Feb.

Wow! @Phyllis I am really looking forward to downloading yours! It is perfect for some layouts I had in mind. Great work so far everyone. I think this is going to end up being a very interesting blog train with a lot of variety by the looks of what is floating around already!

Here is what mine looks like...

Pages

Topic locked