Feb 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
Feb 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

While we're at it, let's get something settled for February too.

Please leave your ideas for colors and themes below.

I don't design, but I would love to see a "puppy love" theme.

Hi...Victorian Love?...Victorian Love Nest?...Cupid's Arrows?...Love's Footfall?...Yesterday's Love?...My One & Only Love?...Love's Soft/Sweet Whisper?...The Language of Love?

I'd love to see Amanda's palette used, with the addition of a chocolate brown, a happy but slightly muted green, and perhaps a second, lighter pink. (As much as I dislike pink, that would make a really cute palette to scrap pics of my niece, whose mother LOVES to dress her in super girly stuff.)

Anything related with LOVE..Something warm & soft.. smiley
I love these palettes..

Found this super traditional palette today

Edit: another

I very much like the last pallette , with a love and chocolatte theme .

Erin, I love the colors of your first image. The tan, browns and reds would be perfect for February, whatever the theme ends up being.

Here are some really lovely colours...

The blush pink and gold combo is really popular right now and would make a great valentine and/or wedding kit color scheme.

I'm also loving the addition of a steel blue, like this one.

I really like Sherry's first palette. With maybe a couple of browns thrown in.

Erin phillips, love your 1st palette very much.. smiley

Everyone seems to like Erin P's first palette. I like it too. What about a CHOCOLATE theme? smiley

For the Love of Chocolate

ha! Rebekah, I love that idea! It has a nice milk-chocolate, but it'll need a darker, "70% cacao" brown. LOL

For the Love of Chocolate sounds awesome. I'm a chocoholic anyway.

I agree, Erin, it does need a "dark chocolate" brown, and I think perhaps a green or pale blue for a contrast/foliage color. The palette's already got all of the lighter shades of chocolate covered, even white chocolate, and I could probably manage a decent mocha as well, but I'd have a difficult time representing truffles or double-chocolate-chip brownies without a darker shade added in.

I guess I'd better shoot my marshmallows before adding them to cocoa, hmm? smiley

Mmmm, chocolate... Great, now I'm craving some.... smiley

Yep!!!! Chocolate!!!..that'll be awesome..looks like this will be February theme.. smiley
We can add those loving words in the choco theme too..will be perfect for the month of love..

Love the idea of the chocolate themes!!! Perfect-O for the month of February...

Love all the colour palettes already posted and the idea of chocolate theme. Here are some palettes I like

Great palettes Sarah..I think how will it look if we can mix your 1st and last palettes..Red, Brown & white goes great together to display a chocolate love.. smiley

I like the browns in that last palette of Sarah's too. I'd like to see a mixture of Sarah's last one and Erin P's first one.

I played around with the palettes already posted and came up with a proposal...just a working draft for the moment, obviously. It's primarily Erin P's first palette, with a few extra colors from other proposals plus our usual black and white.

Erin C, I tried to get the more orangy browns from Sarah's to blend in with Erin P's first one, but they just don't look right with the red-based browns or the reds from Erin P's palette. The blue from Sarah's third palette does work with them, though, and I managed to get a darker "70% cacao" shade in there.

I'm not sure if our usual off-white (#f0eee1) might need to be changed up for February, or if it would be better to adjust the rest of the proposed palette so that "PixelScrapper blog train white" is always the same shade. Marisa, what's your opinion on the usual white shade?

I like it Holly, but I think it needs a couple more reds/pinks in it. Maybe put the dbcbbc/ebe3da together and then add a set of light and dark pinks to the left. I do think the normal f0eee1 is very close to ebe3da and we might need a true white.

Something like these pinks, Erin? They're what I can manage to find in the image.

Holding off on tweaking the white for now. If we do, the whole palette will need to shift more yellow/orange. That'd put the blues into a more greenish range and the reds more into a raspberry sorbet shade, which should still work as a cohesive palette, but it might make the cocoa shades look more cappucino/latte.

I like it Holly. The ebe3da looks white enough. Maybe we wouldn't need the normal one?

I also think it's white enough that we wouldn't necessarily need the normal one, Erin, but I don't know what Marisa's feelings are about having the whites not match every other blog train we've had in the year since I started doing them. For that matter, she might have a whole 'nother palette idea yet...

I threw this palette together to see how it'd look, mostly as a break from extracting photos for templates because my hands were sore and swelling. (LONG outside path on a fernlike leaf; couldn't really stop in the middle of doing it, though, without risking losing the entire path if my comp crashed/power dropped/I mis-clicked when I came back/some other royal pain... Finally done with it, though.)

I like your palette choice very much Holly..just one question--do we really need that black and white swatch??..maybe instead of this we can add some more choco or coffee colors to really boost up our chocolate Valentine theme..love that off white swatch..better than normal white. smiley

I think if we choose to swap out the black and white for anything, it should be a pair of nut/caramel colors. Thoughts?

i love the new pinks but I do agree the ebe looks almost the same as the "normal" white color.

Nut/Caramel would be great I think.. smiley

Pages

Topic locked