Jan 2016 Blog Train - Working

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jan 2016 Blog Train - Working

Fun times ahead!

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

I like this palette - it should be versatile enough for most crafts, and it has a nice balance of colours with the addition of the neutrals. Hopefully, I'll be able to join in this time, but time is extremely limited these days smiley

Now this is something to work with! Thanks for brightening the colors up a bit!

I've been loving these colors! (and I just realized that I put 2015... LOL)

Really nice Erin. Iv'e been wondering where to go with this theme or if I'm even going to participate. The succulent is adorable.

Olesya, I really like the theme, but I decided I just wanted to go generic on this one. I'm not sure why. But, if you aren't inspired by the theme, you could do something generic too.

I can't remember who, but someone had requested a blog train with succulents... so these succulents are for you, whoever you were! smiley

Erin, it was in the Patron Requests, I'm sure. Maybe I'll have to paint some or find some to shoot, now that extracting is working so much better for me.

I'm going to be a busy girl with all of the things I want to extract now, especially the jewelrymaking and sewing stuff for January...

Love what you've done so far, Erin!

I'm not feeling this one. I'm struggling a bit.

You've got almost 6 weeks, Stephanie--inspiration will hit eventually! Any crafts you like to do? Or that your kids enjoy(ed)? What about a favorite relative that you spent time with while they were sewing, knitting, beading, making jewelry, quilts, or stained glass, or one who tried to teach you their hobby? Maybe something you've always thought was pretty or looked like it might be fun to learn? Or the kids' modeling-clay-and-pipe-cleaner creations?

I still don't have my theme figured out either, but I'm sure once I do settle on one, I'm going to be off and running. Until then, though, I've discovered that I'll struggle if I'm not in love with my spin on it, so I'm best off to take the time to figure out where the theme speaks to me before I do more than a few generic papers. Of course, if I just dig in my various tackle boxes of craft supplies, I'll find a few hundred ideas.

I made journal cards.

Looking forward to this one! I've got some great cross stitch overlays, plus I'll scan some stitches I did on the cross-stitch projects I've partially completed. The palette appears versatile enough for just about any craft. I think I'll also scan some of my beads and the jewelry I've made. Gosh, I better wrap up Festive and get started on this one! I've made so much for December as the palette and theme just spoke to me. It's really helped me through the holiday season thus far to have something to create and share, and something to think about my Mom and Grandma being gone. I miss them so much this time of year.

Erin I really love what you have come up with! Its really cute & I esp love the journal cards! I'm definitely excited about this train! smiley

Here is what I have been working on. I probably have a few more things to add but I wanted to get a good start on it! smiley

wow , Jessica, that's so lovely !

Great start, Erin and Jessica! smiley

Wow! Jessica! I Love it! This color palette is just perfect to me! smiley

I didn't realize how much the first Thanksgiving without Grandma would hit me, either, Sally. Despite her not being well for the last several years, and not even recognizing me when I called, it still hit hard. Thank goodness for the December blog train to stay busy, hmm? smiley

I wish I had more than one or two of Grandma's crocheted doilies--she made some really pretty ones that I'd love to put in a kit someday, but I'll have to talk Mom into loaning them long enough for me to photograph them! I'm thinking I'll be digging into my jewelrymaking and sewing supplies for this blog train, though, since I can bet Mom's not gonna be shipping doilies down here.

Thanks Trudette, Betsy & Erin! Looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions!

Hello I'm new here and would love to join the blog train. I am more of a scrapbooking kind of gal so I'm thinking of designing some journal cards and maybe a coordinating pattern paper to go with it. Can't wait to get started and hopefully I manage to finish it early. Great job btw Erin and Jessica! smiley

Thanks, Hazirah!...and WELCOME! smiley

Beautiful work so far! smiley

Thanks Hazirah! Welcome to PS! Look forward to seeing your journal cards & paper if you are able to do them! I had fun looking over your blog! smiley

Oh, wow. The December blogtrain is barely downloaded (not by me though, I am on a super slow line working my way through still) and already there are previews of @Erin Crouch's and @Jessica Dunn's beautiful designs here in the forum. Wonderful!

I have made some JC's.

Thank you so much Erin! and hey Jessica. thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Its sill a work in progress though. I'm struggling to find time to blog nowadays. Yeah I'm still working on them. Can't wait to share it here smiley

Hazirah, I just checked out your blog, too. The photography is beautiful. Do you take all those yourself? (and your baby is PRECIOUS!!)

I'm still thinking about doing the add-on for blog later, but this will be kit for blogtrain on time

As a decorative painting and wood craft designer, I "craft" all day long. In the evenings, I like crocheting. With 4 grandchildren and #5 to be arriving soon, I have a lot of sweaters to knit and crochet!

I love it, Diane! I especially like the frame. Here is another item that I made. It's a French Style Memo Board that you can personalize with your photos and/or other ephemera or elements.

Wow love it Erin! What a brilliant idea to make a digital french memo board. awh thank you so much for your kind words. Yeah I took it all myself. and thanks! Being a mom was the best thing that ever happened to me smiley

Oh, Erin...what a great idea! My daughter has a memo board like that in her office, but this is the first digital one I've seen. It's great!

Erin, I am in love with your memo board...its brilliant! My hubby had made one for our daughters when they were growing up...I feel sooo nostalgic now... smiley

Pages

Topic locked