July 2015 Blog Train - Working

131 posts / 0 new
Last post

I think I'm going to revamp some items from two of my archived, summer-themed, kits along with adding a few new items. Or, I should say, "TRY" to do that, I often have life get in the way of the things that I want, plan, or hope, to do smiley

Oh , Diana , that 's so cute !

Thanks, Trudette. I wanted to draw a little boy, too, but....maybe next time.

*sigh* It's been a long wait for inspiration, but it finally arrived...and now I have a TON of work to do it justice! Off to ArtRage!

Summer Splash Papers II - Preview June 8, 2015

I am so enjoying this !
It gets better and better.
@ Diana , a little boy would be so cute .
@ Marcela , your papers are smashing .

Sometimes I think I'm so genius in what I create and then I get back here to post it and discover you all are way more genius! LOL!

Here's mine...doodles!

@Tina, I love the imperfect, doodle style! It's my favorite! Nice job.

This is my contribution. It won't be on my site until the first. The url for the site is www.pbdesigns.biz/blog
I LOVED these colors!

pamela

Wow!!!! Amazing contributions everyone!!! Here is mine:

Thank you, Dawn!

here's what I made

let me know what you think

I love it , Andrea, really fresh !

Thanks, Erin!

And, now I'm done... well, I still have to zip everything up, but basically finished.

I made a Quick Page...and I might make a couple more if I get the time.

Wow, ladies, everything looks great! I can't wait for everything to go live.

Erin , I like your kit , really fun !

How about these Journal cards < I had fun making them .

Here is my part. I may do more if time allows. It will be available on my blog July 1st.

I'm a little embarrassed at how long this took me to make considering it looks so simple! I struggled with the pen tool for awhile, but I think I've finally figured it out! smiley

Full Res

I'm Finally getting a chance to check in and see what everyone's been making and I must say it looks Marvelous. I'm now inspired and am ready to get started on my contribution.

Kayl, the pen tool is something I still haven't managed to learn to use effectively most of the time. (Granted, I've been doing so much drawing and painting in ArtRage lately that I haven't been in Photoshop for more than making papers and QC, too.) I'd guess it'd take me a couple of hours to make the sign shape using the pen tool, assuming I didn't get frustrated an hour into it and start over three different times before deciding it was faster to build one up out of custom shapes and brushes like I usually seem to!

Eventually, I'll have to learn to use it...but I still don't have the patience yet. Congrats on being a few steps ahead on that learning curve--it's not an easy one. smiley

Oh, trust me! I started over more than a few times and gave up a few more than that! It's totally worth the agony though! Very useful once you get the hang of it smiley

Any word about the August Blog Train? I'm excited to make more stuff now that I'm done with July's.

@Erin, it probably won't be announced til the end of this month. You can always check out the designer challenges forum though. There are lots of prompts and ideas there to get your design fix! smiley

Beautiful Colors can't wait to see what everyone makes. If I have some free time I might try to make a small kit for this as well

So it is with some trepidation, but I have most of my kit specific elements done, and a couple papers. I am doing a swim team kit.

This is what I have done, I went with the Water Park theme, I may be adding more to the kit if I have time smiley

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

@Daniela, I love it!! I really like the word art and the blue wave papers!

Looks like we'll be coordinating, Daniela! I've got a bunch of hand-drawn elements with a waterpark theme as well, though I've gone a little beyond slides and tubes. I've still got a list of things I want to draw yet, but I've got most of the basics.

Pages

Topic locked