July 2015 Blog Train - Working

131 posts / 0 new
Last post

Love them, Holly!

Wow, I am really excited for the first! What a great blog train!

Gosh, Holly! Your drawing skill is fab! I've never tried ArtRage, but I think I might have to save up and purchase it. I do draw a bit and usually scan things I've done into my computer. I lack the confidence to really share much of it and use it for personal layouts mostly. I have a great tutorial about creating Vectors...I'll have to find and share it.

Thanks, Daniela, for the sweet comment. I really struggled with the theme this month until I came around and realized I was stressing for nothing. I have so many Victorian images that I've collected, including CD collections I've purchased, that I knew there would be enough to make a kit. Glad you like.

Sally, my drawing skill isn't that great--it still takes me a lot of hours to do something big. The little things like the trunks or the tubes might only be an hour or so to draw, clean up, shade, and color...but that paper with all the waterslides took 3 days. Still, you know how it is if you have too much time and very little money--making digital art is pretty cheap entertainment, far cheaper than books or cable TV, and no real supplies to buy/store/clean up. smiley

I'm really still learning to draw better, and this spring was the first time I actually managed to paint something that looked good, though I've tried a few times over the decades--this time, with ArtRage, it just clicked. Corel Paint, PSP, PS...it just never happened for me till April--I couldn't manage to get what I could see in my head into pixels. It's been amazing me how much I improve each month since then, now that I'm working with a program that works for me.

So true, Holly! It's all about what program works for you individually! I worked with Corel, then PSP8 and they sort of made sense but I had and still have the same issue of not being able to pull what i see in my mind and put it into pixels! I'm still learning PS, I've only had it a couple months, and I feel as though my contributions are basic but I do see improvement! I think your stuff is amazing, I'm always impressed!

I would really like to play along for the first time this month! Still figuring out how to do preview and uploads etc...

Do you think this is good enough?

I can't figure out how to make it smaller.....

The whale is so cute!

Pages

Topic locked