July 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

70 posts / 0 new
Last post

I really like these colors by Sonia, would be great for picnic or outdoor theme!

Sharon, your palette proposal is wonderful for the "blue skies and lemonade" theme!

In fact I thought that adding a contrast color could be great and you made it! smiley

Great palette Sharon!

Yes! That's perfect. I really like the addition of the pink shades.

Although, I'm not much of a pink person, I like the addition of the soft pink to this palette. If we are going to have lemonade, some might want pink lemonade smiley

Ooh, loving the blue skies and lemonade theme. If at all possible, I'd like to see a couple of shades of brown as well (for wood type elements). Big plans if we go with this theme. smiley

I, too, LOVE the blue skies and lemonade theme! Though, like Janet I'd love to have browns added! Hopefully we pick a theme soon, I'd love to start working on a new train! smiley

Hello again!

I've been playing with the palette proposed by Sharon, and the "pink" colors are a bit "peach" colors for me, so taking into account this and some ladies oppinion, I've introduced brown colors and changed the peachy colors to a more pinker tone, hope you like this:

I'm in love smiley

I'm open for anything, but I actually prefer the very pale pink in Janet's palette. Also the lighter brown is kinda pinky looking. Maybe it's just because it's beside that pink, but I'd love to see it with a bit more contrast.

Wow! there are a lot of opinions!

Erin, from my point of view my browns are not "pinky" but if you see them pinky please post your color palette ideas because I'm stuck!

Please bear in mind that it is not easy to make palette proposals with all the opinions reflected in it!

Maybe Marisa could help us to make a final decision or we won't reach an agreement!

I will work my magic and post a palette soon. No one will argue with me because I'm the big boss smiley Ha ha.

Thank you very much Marisa, sorry if my words sounded ungry or something, I'm not very good with my English!

Ha, Marisa! smiley

I didn't get a chance to post this morning but the browns in Sonia's palette seemed a bit red to me too but I couldn't make other browns play nice in the palette and then I had to run because we had a busy day today and I'm just now getting a chance to sit down again.

I do like Sonia's palette just as is though. I like that it is bright and cheery and if reddish hued browns work best in that palette then so be it! To be honest, I'm not crazy about the blue skies and lemonade theme but I'm obviously in the minority on that one lol!

@Sonia, your post didn't seem angry to me. It is hard to make color palettes that everyone will like. In fact, I would go so far as to say it's impossible to please everyone with a single palette!

And by the way, your English is very good! I have taught English as a second language before and not only do I think your English is very good but it takes a lot of courage to present your ideas in a language that isn't your native tongue! Kudos to you! smiley

hi here is my 2 cents i like ms Sonia's palette pic nic.

I missed May and June blog trains but promised to join in July train cause I just loooooooooooove outdeoor/picnic/travelling/day outing--whatever you say.. smiley smiley
I love the color palettes posted by Sonia and Marisa..Can't wait for the theme announcement.. smiley

Thank you very much Jennifer smiley

After reading some of the comments, I have worked on a proposal, well, I guess 3, I hope that is okay.

I really like the addition of the brown, but I have changed the browns in them, since for me as well the browns in Sonia's palette were displaying as a pink tone/undertone (or whatever you want to call it.) I even tried to calibrate my monitor thinking it could be a display issue, though it still could be.

Palette A uses Sonia's pinks with the addition of a lighter, softer shade.

Palette B uses brighter pinks

Palette C uses softer pinks

Wow, Dawn! Thank you very much for your palettes! your browns are better than mine, and your idea to add a lighter pink tone is lovely...

I like the three palette proposal!

Wow! Dawn.. they all look great! The middle one is really grabbing me though.

I like the middle one as well. Thanks, Dawn, for providing the three options. Great job!

I love the blue skies and Lemonade theme. And I love all three colour palettes. I love the softer pinks but would be happy to have a pop of bright pink too.

I also like the middle palette..What a refreshment idea for July!!! smiley

That bottom pink in the second palette looks awfully bright on my screen, and makes me wonder if it's in gamut for both RGB and CMYK. I prefer the first palette, though--the mix of pinks there seems to offer the most flexibility, from pink lemonade to sunlit flowers. We did a really bright summer kit last year, and I'd love to see a more mellow one, all about the sky, the trees, and sitting on the porch swing in the shade sipping on a refreshing drink, enjoying the breeze and the garden while the kids play in the sprinkler. I think it's a fantastic theme.

Holly, I agree that the middle one does look bright, and to be honest I was a little surprised when it was in gamut for both RGB and CMYK. But I really liked Sonia's pinks, so the top one is my favorite as well.

I love the middle one, the bright reminds me of watermelon...(really don't care for pinks personally)

On the second palette that Dawn posted, I don't see the third color on the pink chip as pink. It reads red to me. I kinda like addition of a red that doesn't clash at all with the pinks in the palette.

Hello! I tried the three palette colors and I like the second option of bright colors... So far, votations are:

Palette A: 2 likes
Palette B: 5 likes + 1 undecided
Palette C: 1 undecided

My proposal: let's work with the second palette! smiley

smiley

Pages

Topic locked