June 2015 Blog Train - Working

166 posts / 0 new
Last post

As much as I LOVED the idea of this blog train, I'm really not feeling inspired to do anything much, other than some photo papers (different effects), and some photo flairs. So far. Who knows what the next couple of weeks will bring, though!

Marcela, I really love what you've done, especially with all the iconic things like the taxi and the red phone box. If you (or anyone else) wants to do a red post box, there are some good pictures on Pixabay. Oh and I just love the bottom right quick page, the one with the postcard on it.

smiley

@Marcela: wow, your part looks awesome! Amei menina!

@Lórien: oh please do the geeky kit, looking forward to that smiley

Amanda, perked up with the theme. I really enjoyed and it was super fun to do them !!!

Thank you, Daniela! The theme is wonderful! Me animei!

Thanks, Robyn!
Thank you for the tip! If I have time do the red mailbox !!

beautiful kit Marcela!

Thanks, Jennifer!!! smiley

Whoa, So far I am blown away by the designs! How in the world do you ladies find the time? smiley

I'm on vacation!!!
Enjoying free time with what I like to do!

@Robyn, I'm like you, while I love the colors, I'm just having a difficult time coming with any ideas. smiley Maybe something will come to me in the next couple of weeks.

@Marcela, your kit and QPs are AMAZING! I love the alpha. I don't know how you could do it all so fast! Great job!

I have to quit now...lol! I've been messing with this month's theme a little here, a little there and before I knew it, I had more than enough. I had a hard time combining some of these colors, so I ended up going in 2 separate directions. I also worked with my own extractions (red fabric flowers, yellow flower petals, polka dot ribbon, blue butterfly, blue bow, and all the buttons). That was a new adventure in design for me! I did my best to keep them good quality. smiley

Thanks, Katrryn! I loved the theme!

Great job, Amanda!

Awesome kits, Amanda!

Loving these QPs Marcela!!

Thank you Marcela and Betsy! With this theme and color palette, it seemed like it could go on forever. lol! Now I get to focus on my daughter's sr. prom this weekend. smiley

Marcela, I really love your Alpha-set. It is typical 'England' smiley

Thanks, Ellem!

I have been thinking of something like a princess tea party, just not sure it fits

Kim, as long as it's a proper tea with cucumber sandwiches and crumpets and such, and the colours are on-palette, it'll be fine. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Thank you. Still new at making elements and all but trying hard to achieve authentic look. Lots of research done via google

Wonderful works so far, ladies!! Finally I decided to make an Add-On for this blog train, here is it:

Sonia, enjoyed the paper with flowers !!! Beautiful!

Mad about this topic!

Oh Marcela! I love those stamps!

Thanks, Amanda!!!

Quick question for any CS6 users. What quality do you save your final jpeg papers?
I'm trying my best to create papers but when I save them as jpeg even with 6 as my quality setting, my (flat - 1 layer) files are sometimes 9mb or more!!

-I should mention that these are all the same solid paper, just different colors! I'm saving them the exact same way, so is it just the color that's making that big of a difference?! Thanks ladies smiley

I'm on CS5, but you want to use 300dpi, quality 10. Make sure you've flattened image before saving as JPG. You can always go back a couple steps in the PSD history and change the color, then flatten again with the new color. 9MB seems reasonable at quality 10. Checking my stash, I've got papers that range from 350KB to 20MB in size, and it seems to depend on the detail of the texture and pattern--velvety textures and small, intricate patterns take a lot of space, while smooth cardstocks are super-easy on the hard drive. You should be able to get most papers under the 10MB mark at quality 10, though--many of the ones I've created are around 6-7MB each, not that that helps much when I created 50+ for the April blog train!!

Thank you! I had a folder of 20 papers and it's already at 90mb when compressed! I was concerned that was way too big! (I thought I was doing something wrong)

My mind is more at ease smiley

I'm looking forward to seeing all the creations here! So far I'm amazed and inspired!

Pages

Topic locked