March 2015 Blog Train: Comments

63 posts / 0 new
Last post
March 2015 Blog Train: Comments

Please use this thread for any comments, questions, thanks, etc you have for our designers participating in the blog train. To see the blog train list, visit this post.

Please remember that the blog train does not go live until March 1, so the actual freebie on the blog may not yet be posted.

Marisa, Just adore your pandas!

I'm super excited for everyone's kits. I love animals, and can't wait to see what everyone came up with.

smiley smiley A GREAT START TO MARCH MADNESS smiley smiley With Poodle's Appreciation for all the work !

So many beautiful kits. Can't wait to start downloading. So far my favorite has to be Pretty Peacocks by Kris Breach. Stunning!

My dear ladies, you have outdone yourselves, all the kits look so cute!!! Can't wait for the rest of the previews to come up smiley

Great work everyone!
I've started downloading but got to leave a bit of bandwidth for the others in the house here so I'll do a bit more later, and again tomorrow!

I'm not sure why though but Blogger let me down with the scheduling, everything was set properly, as far as I can tell, and it worked last month but not this month. Anyway, it's all good now but I don't know why the automatic blog post didn't work. Mystery! (if anyone has ideas, do let me know!)

All the kits look amazing ladies!! Great job!!
I have DL a few now, will be back for more smiley

@France - I don't know about Blogger, but when you do a schedule post with WordPress it doesn't really put the post up at the exact time you say. It gets posted AFTER that specific time, whenever someone visits the blog. I find it so irritating! Anyway, maybe Blogger is similar? We should Google that to see if it's that way, 'cause I have a Blogger blog for my digiscrap biz...

The kits all look great - I've grabbed what's available so far and will come back to recheck the reserved spots or a couple broken links (I noticed incorrect linking for Oklahoma Dawn's journal cards and Jennifer Leighton's Grass Swirls papers, and can't get the 4Shared download for Mersija's full size kit to work, but everything else that was up as of 10 am EST worked for me).

Thank you to ALL the designers for your hard work and inspiration - there are some delightful pieces I can't wait to work with, especially the cutouts from Melo and journal cards from Paddy Wolf.

My big aha moment today, though, is that February was the first month I was active here at the PS forums, though I've been downloading PS blogtrains going back several months. For the first time, I felt familiar with several of the designers who I've seen around the forums, and it made collecting this train more interesting & more personal. Thanks to the WHOLE PS community just for being you!

I love everyone's contributions! Love how unique these all are!

Alexa, I didn't have an issue downloading any of the ones you mentioned. Maybe clearing your browser's cache and trying again would help? And welcome to DigitalScrapbook.com!

Observation though, not everyone is adhering to the new blog train guidelines.

Alexa,
Thank you not sure how I managed to get the same one twice, I posted the corrected link.
Here it is also
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2f4tg9fyaqrebo/PSMarch2015_Jen%20Leighton_Animal%20Kingdom_Grass%20Curl%20Paper.zip?dl=0
enjoy

Thanks, Jennifer! smiley

Adorable and fun kits, Thank you very much!

The kits are all wonderful. Thanks so much to everyone, I can't wait to use these fun kits!

Wow ladies, you have all done a wonderful job!!! Thank you once again! I do have a question though; is there a deadline that posts need to be done by? Reason I ask is that we never know when the train is over and always checking for new submissions that we weren't aware of. Don't want to miss any of your beautiful creations. Thanks again, you all rock!

@Lana: I don't know that there's a specific deadline per se other than the 1st day of the month. But the nice thing about DigitalScrapbook.com is it tends to be a flexible place (which I truly appreciate).... I know there have been times where I haven't been able to post my part of the train on the first (due to health problems, family/school commitments, etc.) so, like others, I reserve a spot in the train thread so I can still share what I made. Not looking to frustrate anyone - just trying to share.... Better late than never, no?

Lol, sounds good to me. hehehe. Thanks for the reply.

My daughter loved riding the blog train with me smiley She's also a scrapbooker, and this was right up her alley . . . Thanks all you talented people!!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful train goodies!

Thank you so much, everyone! It was really fun to see how incredibly different all the kits were.

@Marcy good idea to look into it, worked like a charm last month though, that's the strange thing. and I'm not talking about it just being a few minutes late either, it was a good 8 hours late (and I did make sure it was in the right timezone, but it's still possible I did something wrong).

Oh, mine posts according to the time on my host's servers, so you have to know where your physical servers are located (time zone) in order to adjust it. (Mine is WordPress, too!)

Loved this months BT everyone!

What a variety this month! I did try to get something together - I wanted to make some African safari animal print papers in the neutral colours, but couldn't find the right templates to do what I wanted to do. (There are a couple here on PS, but I wanted more, so I could offer a bigger variety!) So that didn't work out. Then I thought about doing some textured solids, but got overwhelmed trying to choose colours from this month's enormous palette.

So, great work from everyone who didn't dither around like I did! smiley

I admit I had the same problem with the enormous palette, Robyn. I went very neutral... LOL I know there are a lot of people that make bright papers, so I figured the neutral palette would work with it all. smiley

France, I wouldn't worry too much on yours...set the time zone on your blog to your time zone and even if it posts a few hours late it'll still be earlier than most of us that set stuff to release at midnight! smiley

Besides, I'd wait for those beautifully done lizards anyway. smiley

Thank you to all those that contributed to this wonderful train...everything is so nice, I'm having a difficult time deciding on a favorite! Thank you for the nice comments on my turtle kit. I'm sorry about the bad link, but it has now been fixed. I hope you can use it smiley

BTW, Dawn, when I tried the link for your journal cards, it came up as your paper link.

Nice works everyone. Thank you all. Hoping to be a part of next months train

@Holly! Awh! smiley Thanks!!!! I absolutely love what you did with that alpha where you filled the outline with different papers! That's absolutely gorgeous btw. Such a lovely blog train!

I wasn't too worried about my blog but I like when things work out the way they are meant to smiley hehehe!

Pages