March 2015 Blog Train: Working

169 posts / 0 new
Last post
March 2015 Blog Train: Working

So we've got something a little different going on this month, so here's my advice:

We have the world's biggest palette, which is not really meant for you to use all the colors, but rather for you to pick an animal or animal theme and then choose some colors to work with that go with your theme.

Everyone's free to choose an animal, although you may want to mention it below so not everyone is doing the same thing. I'm guessing that common pet animals will be the most useful to people, so if you want to be useful that's what I would do. But I'm picking pandas and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

See here for general details on DigitalScrapbook.com blog trains.

bummer...now i can't go through with my original plan...and i already had everything sketched... smiley

What were you working on?

oh, as i mentioned - i'd like to make cards with animal phrases (stuff like "blind as a bat" made me laugh out loud so loud- cause we all wear specs in the family!) - probably handlettering paired with small animal/ object icons. oh, and maybe ombre (that was the first thing that came to mind when you displayed a gradient palette). point is, i'd mention different kinds of animals & most of the colors smiley but i think something like this might be used on all sorts of layouts (e.g. "sick as a dog" for when you're ill)...i don't know...

Cats would be my first choice - although I was thinking along the lines of zoo friends, farm friends, wild life friends, feathered friends, finned friends, or furry friends. So many possibilities!!! But I would like to start with cats for sure.

@Paddy: I think that's totally fine! It's animal related, and you'll notice I did say you could choose an "animal theme" which I think that totally counts towards. You've got to follow your smiley !

I'm entirely unsure as of yet. My two choices are either huskies/sled dogs or safari-type of animals (lions, cheetahs, giraffes, tigers, elephants, etc.). I know I'm not the only one with huskies, though probably one of the few (if not the only one) who runs them. The safari-theme would work well for photos of the zoo and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Paddy, I think it's a fine idea!You probably won't be the only one who's kit will be different as we all have different muses!! I say go for it.

excellent, thank you ladies! the whole concept looks fine in my head & on paper, hope i'll be able to convert it to digi files just as good smiley
looking forward to those pandas!

I am not a part of this Blog Train, but I would love to see some of the exotic pets such as ferrets, birds, snakes, lizards, hedgehogs, sugar babies, etc. My daughter now has two ferrets and there is very little to decorate my pages. I also really adore giant PANDAs. I really love the talent and the creations that the designers produce. I can't wait until the Train leaves the station!

well, I'm probably going to end up with 2 kits, I've kinda started on a dog/cat kit, but I also love marine so I'll probably do that as a second.

If I have time I´ll do either a cat/dog shelter kit, or a pet memorial kit. But don´t count on me, bacause I have lots of things to do from now to March 1st...

I've always wanted a llama kit, so I'll take llamas!

Love your idea Paddy and they would work for animals as well. Because some animals get blind ect as they get older smiley
I am going to attempt two mini kits, one being for dogs probably focusing it around Chihuahua/Jack Russels because both my daughter and I have Chihuahuaxjackrussel, hers is more chihuahua and mine is most certainly very much a Jack Russel.

And the second one Geckos cos I just love them for some reason smiley

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with, I believe alot of people will have their animals covered via this train smiley

If - and this is a big IF - I can do what I can see in my imagination, it will be themed around African Animals.

Unfortunately, at the moment, my design skills don't match my imagination!

I don't want to commit to one animal because my drawing skills have been greatly limited since becoming partially paralyzed. I draw using the pen-tool in CS5 but in order to do that I need two hands (of which I no longer have use), one with which to draw and the other to hold down the ALT, CTRL,and SHIFT keys to fine tune the lines and curves. So, I'm going to do the best I can with what I can but may end up with a general wildlife kit with a re-purposed collection of animals I've created in the past.

That being said, the ones I'd like to do, if I discover a way, are things with wings (birds,butterflies,etc.).

I believe i want to do a Zebra and/or a Leopard and hopefully i will have the time to get it completed.I may even do 2 kits,but that all depends on what happens in my real life.

I love this idea, and love the massive palette options, but I don't feel I can commit to the time it will take to make all the elements of a specific animal, and honestly I love them all so it would be so hard to choose! I have decided to do word art (seriously testing my adjective skills), for many pets people open their homes to, to love and care for, to share their lives with. These I hope will be able to be used by many for their layouts as a fun addition to pictures and papers. This train is going to be amazing!

So we can't have dogs or cats due to my allergies and our landlord's lease terms so we have two pet rats, Gizmo and Gadget. I'm not much of an animal person to be honest but I think it would be fun to make a small animals kit. I've already got some artwork I was just working on for myself that I can include in it. So far I have a few different rat poses and one ferret. I think I might have a hamster drawing or two as well.

Question though, one of the items that I was working on for myself has a bit of a song lyric in it. What are the protocols for including items that have quotes or song lyrics? Or can I include it at all? It's a single line from the chorus of the song if that makes any difference.

I already have a sea life kit in the works, so that is my choice! smiley

LLAMAS!!! smiley

I'm leaning toward one of the big cats - tiger, lion, etc.

I'm not sure what my animal/s will be. I am leaning towards a kit of pets. Birds, lizards, cats, dogs, etc. But I do love giraffes. Oh, I have to make a decision!

It is so fun to read what everyone is thinking, and so diverse!
This forum thread just makes me think "Lions and Tigers and Bears! OH MY!"
sorry, had to say it smiley

I'm thinking peacocks - never tried drawing one before, but if it turns out would be so pretty with that magenta and teal or green. smiley

Anyone from Down Under doing koalas? (they're SOooo cute!)

I'm thinking about doing a spin in the direction of "popular animals in decor and homedesign".. Is that okey? smiley

Hi Marisa, what should I do to be part of this blog train? I understand I need to apply for Gallery Access, but is it mandatory to be added to the Pinterest Board as well? I just started following the board, thank you smiley

my daughter's favorite animal is the fox, so I am thinking about making two mini kits:

• one in a very cute kid style
  • another in a vintage style

What do you ladies think? smiley

this blog train is going to be so much fun!! and so cool that everyone's choices for animals are not overlapping (except dogs and cats, but so many people need dog/cat themed kits)!!

@Daniela, I think a kid style and vintage style sounds great!! Also I don't think you have to be added to the Pinterest Board, 'cause I'm not on the board and I have been doing a kit each month since July. smiley

@Daniela: You don´t need to have gallery access, because you upload your preview and kit in other sites. For example, your preview can be hosted in imgur, Picasa or photobucket, and the kit on Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

It´s not mandatory to be on the Pinterest board, but if you want to add pins there you need to request.

The rules for the blogtrain are simple, and you can find them here: https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking/pixel-scrapper-blog-trains/about-pixel-scrapper-blog-trains

There are also this post with things to think about when doing blogtrain portions: https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking/digital-scrapbooking-discussion/practical-pointers-for-blog-train

@Dawn: thank you so much for the feedback, I hope I can pull it off smiley

@Lórien: thank you so much for all the explanation and links, you always come to the rescue, beijos!

Pages

Topic locked