March 2015 Blog Train: Working

169 posts / 0 new
Last post

I have a great fondness for all kinds of animals, as you will see when I post my "rustic kit". I will be happy to work on this since I have source material. One day I hope to make a kit of sea monsters as early medieval peoples viewed ocean life. I have been making elements for some years now, long before I heard of digital scrapping. What can I say, I was an original nerd girl and running servers, never touching anything art related until severe fibromyalgia made everything I ever enjoyed in life too painful. So I taught myself to draw and I played with old public domain images during all the hours that I was bed bound. Now I can't stop! lolol

Ohhh, favorite colors for the ferrets?

cats for me yall smiley

Love this idea! My pet hamster, Winter, is my heart smiley. I'll definitely use hamsters in mine smiley Another idea I had was a "Big and Small" pet kit? Because where I have a hamster, my husband has a large dog. Still back and forth about it, but either way this kit should be fun!

I am doing Zoo Animals! Or at least a couple of them... If all goes well, I will try for a moderately 'complete' Zoo...

My ideas aren't shaping up as planned, so I don't think I'll be participating this time. smiley

I'd love to make a couple things for this blog train, but I'm just not sure I'll have time - things are pretty busy right now (a lot of school/senior/college stuff). If I do, though, I will probably try to create something related to siameses &/or labrador retrievers (since they're my beloved pets) - just not sure what yet (elements, word art, papers or what not).

Daniela, you just jump in and join in smiley And cant wait to see your kits, they sound like they will be amazing.

@Maree: Oh my gosh! Thanks for the support smiley I hope I do something nice that can be used by all of you, it will be my first Scrapbook design ever, I never made even a layout page for myself smiley so I thought that joining a Blog Train would motivate me to design smiley

I am thinking of doing something on the order of M smiley NKEY BUSINESS.

Okey here is my take on this smiley

Jessica, Love it! Especially the animal print papers which will work perfect for my teenage daughter.

/sigh
I want to participate, but I don't know what I want to do... indecisiveness is taking over... ugh.
I'll definitely crank out some glitter for this, though.

... and maybe some generic-ish papers, at the least... I'd love to do something surrounding reptiles, 'cause i love 'em... but I can't definitively commit to that (I don't know that I'll have access to a scanner when I need it). I also thought of doing something funny with "fantasy" animals, too... but I don't know... /sigh

I just learned that February is an adopt a rescued rabbit month. so I will focus on bunnies in this kit smiley

I like the ideas floating around here and having each one of us take on a unique animal with the same color pallette will make scrapping possibilities endless. I am leaning towards horses and farm animals.

@ DANIELA I've been think'n bout making something for a blog train ....but just haven't had the share know how ..like what's the best share site? I've got IMGUR and BOX...installed. Still don't really understand the how to zip and load a file for sharing!
You're giving me an incentive to try it all out! GO GIRL...

Poodle you need top get a program that lets you zip files smiley I love Winrar, it's free and easy smiley I love the fact that i only need to right click on a folder and pick add to (folders name).rar smiley Fast and easy smiley But there are many programs out there.. As of program to upload i,ve tried a lot and i always end up back at mediafire, easy and free, perfekt for me smiley

Poodle - If you have Windows 7 or 8, then you already have the capability to ZIP files - all you need to do is right click on the folder you want to ZIP and select "Send to" then "Compressed file". In my experience, scrappers prefer ZIP files to other file types. But, you CAN download other programs, if you would like, such as: WinRAR or 7-Zip (I actually have both of these, and both are nice programs that offer different commands in your right click menu, and also make it more convenient to unzip compressed files). WinRAR typically compresses files, by default, to RAR file types while using the shortcuts in the right-click menu; 7-Zip offers zipping into the ZIP file type and the 7zip file type through the right-click menu. smiley

As for file sharing, I am not familiar with Imgur or Box, but I do know that other scrappers use Box. You can also use DropBox or Google Drive. Mediafire and 4Shared are also options, but I would not recommend them because they have a lot of ads on the site that make it difficult for scrappers to find the download link, they are often sources of malware and viruses, are blocked by many firewalls (like if you're connecting to your local library's wifi), and are even completely inaccessible in other countries.
Personally, I used Google Drive, so I can help field any questions with that service, but not the others. Sorry. But, perhaps one of the other scrappers might be able to help you with the file hosting sevice that you DO have. smiley

I want to do sea creatures! I have never participated in a blog train so I hope I can finish on time.

Poodle, these are the programs/sites that I use:

I recommend 7-Zip for zipping and unzipping files (it's free, and I haven't had any trouble with any file type so far).
I prefer Google Chrome for browsing and downloading - I haven't come across any file sharing site that I can't download from by using Chrome, unlike Internet Explorer.
I upload my kit previews (and other images) to Imgur - I find it's quite simple to use.
I upload my kits to Copy.com, Dropbox and Google Drive, to give people a choice when downloading - they're the ones I prefer to download from, so that's why I offer those three. (And no annoying ads!)

If you need any help with any of these, just let me know, and I'll help you as much as I can.

@Paddy I think this is an excellent idea. Plus it will provide sentiments to go with all the animal images everyone else creates. I say go for it.

I'm leaning toward marine life, but that could change once I start playing.

I have never attempted a blog train, but if I have time I would like to do something with turtles or ducks, I think. I would love to see something with dachshunds, but I'm not sure if I could do both at this time. So if anyone has a sudden urge to create a kit with dachshunds, it would be greatly appreciated smiley

I LOVE all the animals!! Can't wait to see what you all have come up with... smiley

I want to participate in this blog train and have selected the topic "Pets from Around the World" and will include a ferret for JoAnn. And I want to include the cute little crickets and their lovely delicate cages from Japan and China. I had a kit for the Rustic Charm but did not know I had to reserve a spot. I still have the "foggy brain" syndrome from my fibromyalgia and trying to deal with the whole forum thing is overwhelming for me. but I can cut/paste the short summaries like Lorien just did and work from that.

Since I do my work from an iPad, I want to be sure the quality is okay. Can I post part of my Rustic Charm kit somewhere here and let y'all check it out? My topic was a Day Trip to the River in Early Spring. Since I had lots of animals as well as hiking and boating gear and all the early blooming flowers, I am saving a few of the animals for this month's kit. smiley

*grins happily because I am so excited*

I chose an owl. It's hard whihi i'm a little stuck. Have some very cute owls, but what comes next?
Fortunately we still have time!

@soro: owls make me think of sleepy themes, night time, trees?

Ooh, love it! I'm doing giraffes, with yellow/brown and pink colors.

Okay! Here's mine.

Uh oh, I just realized I didn't put "Animal Kingdom" in the preview image. Should I change it?

Gone through the list. I no longer have any pets, though I've had the usual cats, dogs, and once a hamster for my kids. I'm not doing any of those, though. I think I'll do bugs. Kids love bugs, so, unless there are some etymologists downloading freebies, my kit will probably see more kid with bug photos. LOL.

This won't be an official part of the blog train, because it has absolutely nothing to do with the colour palette, but if anyone is interested in some photo papers, I have posted this on my freebie thread (Dancing Tiger Designs):

Africa! Photo Paper Kit.

[img][/img]

Pages

Topic locked