March 2015 Blog Train: Working

169 posts / 0 new
Last post

Nice to know it's not just me Holly! smiley I'm sure some months I'll have less inspiration than others. That's my third kit only so I'm still all very much very excited, a lot! smiley

This is my first time joining the blog train. It's my first kit ever, too. A big BIG thank you to Northern Whimsy Design for the papers, which helped jump-start my creativity.

I still have to zip it all up and upload to Dropbox.

Thanks to the mastermind group over at Facebook (thank you Ania and all you other ladies) I made a blog and a Facebook page. So, I am working on an add-on to this kit, which will be available for Facebook fans only.

Here is a layout I have done.

I will do at least 1 more layout, to promote my kits. I hope I get this all done before Saturday. LOL!

Jeanet, I love your elephants!

@Marcy: don't forget to mark your preview with the Tems of Use (at least PU: Personal Use or CU: Commercial Use). And I am so happy to see my beachy templates are being put to a good use smiley Yay!

Yay! Got some butterflies ready to go!!!

Nice kit Marcy! And nice effect on the ribbon flower Tina, nice pic of colours too! Cute stuff. Everytime I read "I have butterflies" I keep thinking you are nervous about the blog train smiley I love that bow with the flower paper and how you got it to look like a real ribbon... good job!

I might be in an unnecessary panic as it's already the 26th here and February only has 28 days but when is the Final March Train post coming up? smiley or am I just not seeing it?

@Melo - thank you! I'm glad you like how your fantastic templates turned out. You uploaded them just in time! smiley Yes, I will put the TOU on the "real" kit preview.

@France - thank you!

@Tina - I love your kit, especially the big butterfly with flowers on its wings!

Here's a question for all of you who've done this before: How many downloads do you usually get if you've put together a decently-sized kit? I might be able to just host my portion on my webserver, but I'm not sure how much bandwidth the blog train will eat. I've got 100GB of bandwidth per month, and I'm not using 1GB of it normally, but I don't want to end up going over and owing my hosting company big bucks, either.

Tina, your butterflies kit is so bright and cheery! Just in time for spring, a welcome reminder that it will get here soon! (I hope!)

Like I said, France, I got going and I think I'm halfway to a full kit, not just a mini...

Please be nice, ladies--it's my first time doing any sort of a kit. Also, a big thank you to Janet, Sheila, Elif, and Marisa for the lovely templates that I used to create buttons, ribbons, bows, a paper, and the dots on one of the alphas. You guys make it easy to make even a beginner look reasonably competent.

It looks awesome Holly!!! Love the wolf that sort of looks painted! And your alpha with the spots is great! Very cute! What a lot of word art too, I struggle with that.
Just as a FYI, on Rustic Charm, I got 800 downloads so far, at 91MB for my kit. That's about 72 Gb if I did my multiplications right! I'm still blown away so many people downloaded it. So you won't go very far with your Gb!

I really wondered if I would even get a kit done for this blog train. It really bugged me (yes, pun intended). Yesterday I finally sat down and started drawing and got it down. It's a little wacky, but kid/bug photo friendly I hope. (BTW, I didn't draw everything in the kit.)

Hi France,

thanks for the nice words - unfortunately, I did not draw those penguins myself - but they were published under free to use licence. Would love to be able to do this myself smiley

France: If you've only gone through about 72 GB, then I should be fine with 98GB normally unused. This month's is only 95 MB for both packs. I'll leave it with a direct download link plus Google Drive for now and see how much bandwidth I go through in the first week. I can always edit the post so there's a second offsite link instead of the direct download.

@Isa: great find, they are gorgeous!

@ Holly: ooh, I misunderstood you, yes you should be fine - I thought you were left with ONE Gb at the end of the month! My family goes through about 200 Gb/Month smiley my mistake!

I managed to get a little more done, here are the previews, and I have posted the links on the final page:)

Are sea shells part of the animal kingdom? smiley Because by the look of my elements, I think that is where my kit is heading.

Pages

Topic locked