Nov 2016 Blog Train - Working

102 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nov 2016 Blog Train - Working

Here's the info for the November blog train. Suggestions for this theme included things like fairies, magical stuff, etc. So if you're not into fall, you can check out fairy tales. Or, whatever other inspiration comes your way.

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

I'm looking forward to this one, and have already started brainstorming ideas for it! smiley

Hey, ArtRage users...If you're interested in a .COL file for the color palette in ArtRage, you can find a tutorial and the .COL file I made on my blog.

You can load it into a collection or just load it from disk, info on how to do that is in the tutorial.

Anyone else started working on this yet? I'm LOVING the colors!!

I have! I'm not super pleased with anything I've come up with yet, but I've been away for awhile. smiley

Does anyone have a tutorial or easy way of making shadows for stitching? Not overall shadows, but the little holes/shadows that the stitching goes into? I've made a maple leaf shape out of little thread stitches but I'm not quite sure how to create the little holes that the thread goes into other than just taking a small round brush and making a low opacity dot under each stitch end!

I've always just done the dot method that you mentioned, Kayl! smiley At the rate I'm going with these colors and a fall theme, I'm probably going to have a bundle to give away!

Thanks, I better get to it then smiley

A bundle?! smiley Can't wait to see it!

I can't believe I made all this in one weekend. I may make some journal cards or something else to match... since I still have a lot of time!

Here is what I've been doing:

I am going way overboard with this one. Cannot stop myself.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Everything looks great! I can't wait for this train to take off smiley

So far, minus elements which I'm still working on!

@Erin ~ Seriously looking forward to downloading your part! It looks fantastic!!
@Arlene ~ Wonderful job on your generous CU4CU kit! I esp love the colorful leaves!
@Kayl ~ Awesome job Kayl! Those leafy papers are perfect!

I was planning on just doing a straightforward fall theme. But the "Enchanting Autumn" caught me flying into fairy land. Since the Enchanting made me think of fairy tales and Autumn made me think of woodland creatures a "Snow White in Autumn" kind of theme emerged. With fall leaves, apples, woodland critters and some sparkle I think its getting there. smiley

Jessica, that sounds amazing!! I can't wait to see it!
Arlene, I will use those leaves and ribbons a lot, I'm sure of it! smiley
Kayl, I love the flower paper with the dots!

I am still trying to finish up Octobers lol!! Looks fabulous, Erin!

Kayl - thanks 4 the ico file, that's very kind of you! About your Kit parts they are beautiful! Your stitched leaf is awesome! I can't wait to
seee if you make more stitches because I love them!
Erin - I love your Bundle! I haven't started my kit yet and you have already made a big one!!!
Arlene - Your parts are also wonderful! I especially love your leafs, and the fact that you offer your kits as CU is great!
Jessica- I'm with you, I am also planning something fairy;)

Gorgeous Erin! The leaf & twine card is awesome! smiley

OOooooo the GOODIES I see in these kits, y'all!!
FABULOUS!!!!!
@Erin, LOVE the word art, the leaves, the cup.....heck, all of it!
@Kayl, I really like your style here, and the stitched leaf looks amazing!
@Arlene, just GORGEOUS!!!!
@Jessica, I always like your take on digital art, and the theme you speak of sounds absolutely breathtaking! CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Everyone's designs are really wonderful. What a creative bunch of talented artists!

Ladies, your designs are so pretty! Can't wait to download and use these.

I got to quality check some of Marisa's creations which gave me a bit more inspiration. With that, I produced these smiley

Very cool, Kayl! Isn't it interesting where we can find our inspiration? I'm excited to see everyone's designs.

Kayl, Sheila has a layer style HERE on DigitalScrapbook.com that will make the holes for you! smiley

Apparently I've downloaded it already! I've already finished my leaf but it will be great to have for next time!!! Thanks for the heads up smiley Now I just have to find it, haha!

Everyone's kits look amazing! I actually just finished my part about two minutes ago - I haven't done the previews yet, but I will have a mini kit (5 papers and 5 elements) and 18 textured gradient papers (which I'm splitting into 2 kits of 9 papers each) to share this time. I'm still making lots of things for my Floral Fantasy Mega Bundle, and will now have to start brainstorming ideas for December!

Fall is beautiful. Too bad it has to turn into winter!

Elements! I think I am done but I may change my mind as usual smiley

Love the glitter details!

Pages

Topic locked