Oct 2015 Blog Train - Comments

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oct 2015 Blog Train - Comments

Please use this thread for any comments, questions, thanks, etc you have for our designers participating in the blog train. To see the blog train list, visit this post.

Please remember that the blog train does not go live until October 1, so the actual freebie on the blog may not yet be posted.

I'm so excited about this blog train!! I love the bright colours, and with two young teens in the house, the theme should be a good fit too smiley

Just loved the theme !!!
Well vast in possibility of creation and all the designers explored very well all these possibilities.
Very excited to download all the work !!!
Thank you for this opportunity

I'm not sure where to post this......however, I posted my link to my Freebie on my Facebook page. Good idea or bad idea? Does everyone have a Facebook to access my page for the link? Maybe I should also add a direct link to my freebie.

Lovely work everyone!!!!

I just posted my first contribution!!!!!!

I just put the individual quick pages on dropbox... I haven't figured out how to do folders yet, I will work on that so I can add some more goodies!

Am I supposed to post links to the other blogs? Not sure how that works....

Also would LOVE some feedback on how I did!

Wow! All of the designs look great. I hope that my first contribution even begins to live up to all the great work. I hope that I have used all the proper links but if anyone notices anything amiss please let me know so I can figure it out. Thanks.
Marisa I really like the geometric paper in your preview. I started working on something similar for December and then I saw yours today. I have much more tweaking to do. Lol.

Thanks to all designers, I downloaded quite a few of the designs you made. Even though my kids are not in their teens yet, they may come in handy in a few years... smiley
I'll hope to join in for for next months train. This month I have been busy doing other stuff and trying not to be busy (we went on a holiday).

Many thanks to everyone who contributed! All of the offerings are fab. I have to admit this theme was really a challenge for me.

Thank you to all of the fab designers. Really love this train ! With a just turned 13 year old I figure I will be getting a LOT of use out of it smiley

Lots of great stuff this month! Thanks to everyone who contributed. My son is not in his teens yet, but I think a lot of this stuff is still going to work for layouts of his photos, even right now. I didn't have time to do a lot for the blog train this month because I just opened a new online store, but so many of you made really cool stuff that I know will be helpful and inspirational when I finally set aside some time to scrap for myself. LOL!

@Stephanie: I think most people have Facebook, so that should be fine. You could have people email you for a direct link just in case they don't use Facebook.

Fun, Colorful Kits, Thank you!

Thanks so much guys. I can't wait to scrap!

PIXELSCRAPPER once again doesn't disappoint!
Massive train and thanks to all who graciously gave their time and art talent to share with us.
Sally J and Holly W hope you're feeling better
smiley KAYL and MARCELA went OFF THE CHAIN with massive contributions
smiley smiley IRIS and VANESSA.... great 1st offerings. thanks for jumpin in!

To all the ladies who did such lovely work thank you very much God bless u all hendrien

thanks to all the designers for your fabulous contributions! smiley

Thanks, Poodle. I haven't gotten my immune system completely beaten back into submission yet, but today's project has been catching up with the dishes that have been piling up, then cleaning up the counters and stovetop. It's not a lot by most peoples' standards, but it's been more than I've been able to do for a week, so it feels like a major achievement anyway. But I'm ready for a nap now, LOL.... That might give me enough energy afterward to clean the bathroom counter and maybe sweep floors in those two rooms.

Finally, I could attend. I hope you like my contribution. My husband has some of the designs I've worked in Photoshop and Illustrator, and some recolored and modified items (All credits in TOU).

I loved all the contributions. They are beautiful, creative ... Just inspiration! Kisses and thanks for sharing the art of you.

Thanks for your get well wishes, Poodle. Like Holly, I'm slowly feeling a bit better. I'm on a second course of antibiotics for a severe sinus infection and a recurrent bladder infection. I couldn't have just one thing at a time, oh nooooo! LOL The antibiotics are messing with my gut since I'm just recovering from a stomach bug as well, and any time I have inflammation issues like this, my back just goes bonkers. Some times, I feel like I just will never feel okay again. Boo Hoo for me! Oh well, it could be a lot worse. At least I'm still scrapping!!!

HOLLY, hope your strength continues to improve. You're the one person I know that understands what its like to struggle on some days just to raise your arm and brush your hair. I so wish you didn't. ((hugs))

Thank you for the great work...

Sally, I hear you on the inflammation aggravating back issues--that's why I'm so behind on everything. It's hard to keep the place clean when just walking to the bathroom spikes pain levels into the 6-7 range, and continuing to walk risks the inflammation getting bad enough to pinch nerves to your legs so you can't walk at all. That said, I've at least managed to wash the dishes I dirtied making breakfast this morning, and I'm still hoping to get the floors swept sometime today.

It's not that you'll never be okay again, but okay gets redefined to being able to do the basic things necessary to live on your own like bathing, feeding, and clothing yourself, and keeping your home in a condition that's not considered unsanitary. (My home will never feature in House Beautiful, but that's okay--it looks lived in, and it looks good for my physical limitations.) So what if what you can do is limited? There was a while when I first got sick where I broke down all my chores into things I could do in 5 minutes, did one, then set a timer on my phone to go off in an hour to force myself to do another. Yeah, that 5 minutes wiped me out every time and I spent most of the hour in between recovering, but 4 rounds of that (toilet, counter/sink/mirror, tub/shower walls, sweep floor) got the bathroom clean enough that I wouldn't be embarrassed to have a guest walk in. Another 2 rounds for cooking lunch/dinner, plus 2 for dishes from that meal, pretty much meant all the critical stuff was taken care of in 8 hours. Another day might be 2-3 loads of laundry, or vacuuming/dusting the living room and bedroom. But as long as I dealt with the dishes daily, and got the bathroom cleaned at least once in the week, I didn't worry too much about it, because I was doing as much as I could and it was at least not unsanitary.

Chronic illness, especially multiple chronic illnesses, force you to redefine what's normal, and then you have to change the definition of what's acceptable based on the limitations of that new normal. It's a tough process. That process is what inspired the change word art from the August blog train--basically personal scrap therapy, but I know there are others struggling to cope with changes as well, so I shared it.

Hopefully you'll find a nugget or two in my ramblings to help make your day a little better, even if your health isn't yet sorted back out to what's normal for you.

Thanks, Holly. You're words mean a lot to me. I'm fortunate to have an aide come in three days a week to do the laundry, house-cleaning, etc. It does help greatly. I've been dealing with the back issues for years and have been in a chair for over a decade; believe me, I fought hard to not be. It's all the other medical issues that compound the pain, physical limitations and overall feelings of not being well and being depressed that get to me sometimes. I think what bothers me the most is that there are still so many things I wanted to do in my life that I won't be able to do. I know I should just be grateful for all that I have done, but some days that isn't enough to lift me out of the depression. I'm trying as hard as I can to stay strong and take pleasure in what I can do...and what I can create. Blessings to you, Holly, and to everyone else.

Oh, and kudos to those who have posted their parts of this month's train since I said, "thank you." Everything looks so cool!

Great stuff everyone, thank you so much. I think this theme might have been a real challenge to do, but maybe that is because I have no teenage boys. Anyway, the stuff is fabulous and much of it will work for scrapping photos of people younger and older (that inner teenager in all of us!).

And thanks to Holly for the house-cleaning tips. It was directed at Sally and I don't want to butt in on someone else's conversation uninvited, but as a fellow sufferer of a chronic illness also trying to cope with guilt trips about not being the perfect housewife , I found the 5-minute tips really helpful, so thank you for sharing in a public forum.

I finally had the chance to go download all the kits that I've been looking forward to since I first saw the colour palette & the theme. With two young teen daughters, I'm sure we'll give these kits a workout! So glad to be on the receiving end of so much talent - thanks to all the designers (it's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and I'm thankful for all of you!).

Just got a chance to post some more goodies on the October train!

thanks all smiley You did a great job on the theme smiley

I so wanted to participate in this train but I've been very sick the past two months... Anyhow, I wanted to leave a thank you for the designers here - I often can't leave comments on your blogs because I don't have a blog or any social media accounts (my choice) other than Pinterest. What a fabulous variety you all made again this month! Neat stuff... I'm looking forward to unzipping everything & playing with it in the future. Thank you all so much! smiley

Thank you ,Lizanna, I hope you feel better soon .

Lizanne, just a suggestion: You could use the Name/URL option that many blogs allow for comments, and just use www.digitalscrapbook.com as the URL. I doubt Marisa would mind additional links to the main site, as long as you use your own profile name.

Thanks, Holly - worth trying. smiley I've tried that option in the past, putting nothing in the URL section, but it seems my post doesn't get posted when I do it that way...

@Trudette: Thanks - me, too!

thanks to all designers smiley great job )))))
only one I can't download smiley "That Teenage Life" Papers & Glitters by Marcy Coate
for elements its OK but the papers no link sniffffff just "voir le produit" in the mail & impossible to do again ....... smiley

Pages