Oct 2015 Blog Train - Working

149 posts / 0 new
Last post

Thank you, Sangra! Glad you enjoyed!

Marcela, the QPs are great!

*sigh* I'm having issues with my current web hosting provider, so my last few days have been eaten up with trying to get that sorted. I'll be re-uploading my site to a new server and getting it set up, and I may not even manage to get much done for this month's blog train depending on how long it takes me. My current host has been so rude that I'm starting to understand how someone can be so enraged with a company that a mass shooting sounds like a good idea. I'd never do such a thing, of course, but it's never made sense to me how someone could be that angry...I really didn't want to learn how, but I have anyway. So yeah, I'm taking my domains and hosting them elsewhere, and at least I won't have to deal with the current hosts again.

@Holly, I'm sorry to hear that you've been having those problems! What company were you using? When a company makes you that angry, the best way to get even is to SPREAD the word.... you know, other than the mass shooting idea. LOL.

@Sangha, Thank you! Color blindness has always been fascinating to me. I'm an art teacher and I've had some color blind students, which makes teaching color theory very interesting! Did you know that they make glasses to help certain types of color blindness now!?

Thank you so much, Sangha!

Erin, that company is Hostica.com. They're a relative no-name in the hosting industry, but they're apparently trying to make up for that with lousy service! I'm trying not to give them any extra advertising, so I haven't mentioned their name, and certainly won't be linking to them. :p

I'm taking the day off and just zoning out watching tv. I'm too fried emotionally and mentally to do anything else. Luckily, I don't have any ice cream, or I'd be totally blowing my diet. :p

I can't really take any credit for the gloss on those brads! I used Marisa's template brads that she made! But I'm glad they work so well for you! smiley

Since my motto these days seems to be "pitty mother of sons" this topic is something that I struggle with constantly. Scrapping the two year old isn't too hard with most kits but I don't do many pages of the teenagers because most things don't really fit. I've been playing with some paper templates and the colours for October. Please let me know what you think. If I figure out how to make the files downloadable I might put them out this time.

Thank you, Patricia!!!

I and my metals. This also could not miss

Wow, Marcela, you must have a massive metals collection - you come up with new ones almost every month! Where do you get them or do you create them yourself? I love them!!

Thank you, Melo!
I like a lot of metal to my scrapbook kits. I must confess that I have a vast collection. Usually buy pendants or metals to scrapbook it. Unfortunately I can not make them digitally or manually, as well shot pictures of everything and cut out in Photoshop.

I decided I'd jump on-board for October. Since I've been MIA for a couple of months.

I'm still playing around with this theme. I added a couple of cards and some brads and a button. I also made a quickpage. One of my teenage boys really likes it so far so I think I'm on the right track. I;m going to try to figure out where I can upload files this weekend.

Oleysa, I really like your papers, especially the colorful brick one!

awesome designs, everyone! I am still trying to get inspired...

I don't know how I just noticed this but I might try something out for this..

I want to contribute to this blog train (PSOct2015). I've read the rules, however, would like a confirmation: Just that I publish my preview Forum "Final list" and on launch day, offer my part in my blog? Thank you for the answers.

Thank you Betsy. I hope I can figure out how to put them somewhere for download before the end of the month. I'm really enjoying this process. I'm amazed at how much stuff other people are creating!

If you want to participate, all you have to do is create what you want to share and upload a preview of your creations to the ''Final List'' post. In your post on the "Final List" thread, provide a link for people to go where they can download your creations and that's it smiley Hope that helps smiley

You can easily upload to Google Drive, Mediafire, Dropbox, Box, or 4shared. Just upload a zip file, then get the shareable link and post that link with your preview in the Final List thread.

Thanks Holly. I have been looking at Google drive since | already have access to it however it seems to say that I need to invite people to dowmload and that they can make changes to the files. I think I must belooking in the wrong place since I have downloaded blog train files from google without this.
Also I am wondering about blog train etiquite. I hve made a layout with my papers that I have also turned into a quick page. Is it acceptable to post this layout in advance or should it be done at the beginning of October?
Thanks for everyones help.

Wow, this is going to be a fun one, ladies!
@ Marcella--First what a massive kit you've put together...wonderful crisp lines and fun patterned papers...and the blue jeans paper is perfect! I was going to do that, but now I don't have to. So thank you for making me now come up with a new idea LOL smiley
@ Sherry, WOW! You are a fabulous artist! Do you draw those traditionally and scan, render from a photograph, or do you use a tablet to draw directly to a computer. I'm always interested in how others make their art. Love those girl graphics!
@Vanessa, if you haven't gotten anyone to test your google drive link, msg me through my contact form and I will. Fun QPs!
@Betsy, Love the word art--so perfect!
@Kayl, love the guitars and musical notes, but I especially love the papers that look like a computer motherboard--very unique!
@Holly, if this is going to be your biggest kit yet, I'm going to have to invest in another HD! smiley
@Cintia, oh the grunge look. So perfect for teen pages!
@ Erin, I love your "generic" approach. I too was thinking along those lines -- always love your style of design.
@Olesya, I haven't noticed you around the BTs before, but wow! Big welcome. Awesome work--I really love the shiny cast to your designs for this and I can't wait to see more!
I'm excited for October 1st!

Julie, thank you! Do so, more scrapbook elements never hurts. A work complements the other and is an even better thing !!

Thanks Julie. This is my first attempt. I'm still a bit unsure about all the logistics but I'm figuring it out slowly.

Everything looks great! I'm having trouble getting any kind of inspiration on this one...I may have to ask for my kids' input.

Olesya, your kit is great!

The theme is actually quite vast that we end up lost in a bit. One had one thing in mind initially and took a very different turn and I know a lot about life "teen" was missing.
Surely your kids are great at telling their aspirations and will be a great inspiration!

Thanks Marcela, and asking the boys what they think is exactly what I've been doing Kathryn.

Pages

Topic locked