Sept 2016 Blog Train - Working

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sept 2016 Blog Train - Working

September's theme is Keep It Moving, suggestions for this include any kind of sport, anything active, even weight loss and health.

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

This looks great! smiley Thanks, Marisa.

Nice palette, with a good mix of brights and neutrals. (I especially love the purple!)

Oh I'll have to put my thinking cap on.

this colormix is great, thank you Marisa

great mix of colors for someone to do karate gi and belts! hint hint nudge nudge.

Amanda, if I have time to get it completed, I am planning to do a martial arts kit. My family is involved in Taekwondo, so I'm definitely needing a kit like that!

My plan is to do wrestling as that is the choice sport around our house...and with my two little boys I will use it often. I'll try to make some generic elements/papers too.

Awesome, Kathryn. I would love to see what you come up with!

this gives everyone aLOT of flexibility! smiley

Ohh great!! I have some ideas!! But i must to think a little!
Love the colors palette

the colors are lovely, I was thinking on dancing also...is part of exercising, isn't it?

my daughter took dance, I have it in her sports album so I would say yes!

What about travel, or more specifically, transportation, or even auto maintenance, do those count for "Keep it moving"?

@Rose: You know I won't say no smiley

Would performing arts count (dance, theatre)?

OK weird question but maybe someone here can answer- do people prefer word art to be black so they can color the way they want, or colored how I see fit? Thanks in advance!

You're the designer, Laurel. Whatever you want. And frankly, people can take any colored file and change it to grayscale to recolor any way they want, so it really doesn't matter. And this seems to be a wide-open theme that can be interpreted many ways, so dance and theatre would work--and I think it would be a great fall kit as kids go back to school!

Thanks, Julie, for allaying my fears! I've never done anything to submit before, so even though the question seems silly, I don't want to do the "wrong" thing! I'm focusing on dance this time around, and theatre next month if the suggested "arts" goes through. smiley

I am thinking on the order of gymnastics. smiley I think I got carried away again. I don't know how to do small.

wowwwwww this was hard, specially when I decided to make a real exercise kit , Exercise: a world that is not inside my daily vocabulary to be honest, but I was able to find some old CU stuff and finished, so 8 papers and 40 elements, not all shown in previews:
would be in my blog on Sept 1
http://kakleidesigns.blogspot.co.il/

I really love this palette, but am unsure of what to do for the theme. I've been playing with making papers recently, going between Elements and FotoSketcher, so I think I might do some generic papers for this train.

SO super excited to participate! And also totally terrified...lol! I've got everything done already (school starts for me again next week) so here is the preview. smiley
I'll post links and preview in the official thread on Sep. 1!

Ooooh Pauline- I LOVE the papers!

I made a wrestling kit. smiley

Some items are available in multiple colors, but may not be shown in the preview.

oooh, I hope someone does running...
5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon. Medals, runners, water, snacks. Roads, bib numbers. Shoes, socks, shorts, hats. Start line, finish line. Boston, New York, London, Berlin.

Robin: this is WONDERFUL!!!! I am not a designer at all, but my son is in gymnastics and its so hard to find male colors/images for this!

Also, on a totally random note---I LOVE the quote from Walt Disney about "keep moving forward" have you seen Meet the Robinsons ...animated flick came out about a decade ago now, so cute and has great quotes about never giving up and working hard, while staying true to yourself.

Anyways, you ladies are amazing for all the designs here are always GREAT!!!
THANKS for your time and energy!

I took a completely different approach! I used Elif's playdough style and made some summer-themed "moving" elements! I may get some papers done, too! smiley

Edited to add paper preview...that was easy!

I am not yet up to creating my own elements and papers, but I would love to see some winter sports (skiing, ice skating, sledding, cross country skis, etc.) as well as biking.
btw, the August Blog Train was over-the-top fabulous, thank you everyone who offered something to us newbies who are just not that skilled yet!

Pages

Topic locked