2016 Goals

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
2016 Goals

With the new year approaching, are you making any new goals for the new year?

Mine is to journal more. Now that I am an active planner user, I have been jotting a couple of notes everyday, and I love it!

I haven't really had a moment to think about this yet, but I'll probably spend a chunk of time in January considering things. Happy to hear what everyone else is hoping for in 2016.

I am with Marisa on this one. I haven't had a moment to think about this and will probably spend a good chunk of January figuring out what I want to do.

I want to get into bible journaling. But I haven't made it an "official" goal for 2016.

My goals are

1] complete project life 2016, other half bought me a printer this week so can scrap and print pages as I go, printing in A5 and storing them in a folder. Hoping being able to print pages straight away will give me the incentive to complete project. Already made the first 5 pages of album smiley

2] Design more scrapbook kits, for digitalscrapbook.com blog train and freebies to give away on my blog

3] Keep blog updated regularly

4] Get fit, need to dust off my hula hoop and loose a few inches or the dress purchased to wear to my sisters wedding will not fit lol

Hey! I'm a "Sarah Jane", too - or rather "Sarah-Jane", but I usually go by Janey smiley

My goals:

* Stop being so grumpy at my kids and husband. I love them dearly, but I do need to fix my attitude.
* Either start my Masters in Education (Gifted Education) OR complete my professional certification in flute (probably not until half way through the year)
* Make myself a winter jacket)

Oh, and l'd love to learn how to make my own kits and quick pages smiley

@Janey....I hear ya with the attitude. I'm usually pretty good, but after long days or too little sleep the grumpiness comes out quick. I am trying to keep it in check more too!

@Janey: I find that when I'm getting particularly grumpy, I haven't been focusing on finding the good things about the people or situations that are presenting challenges to my view of how things should be going right that instant. It's worth making a point of looking for a few each day. smiley
As a gifted student myself in the 80s, and the mother of a gifted student who graduated in 2012, there are far too few teachers who know how to handle someone who's testing 5-8 years ahead of their grade level across the board. Kudos for even considering going for a Masters; I hope you do start (and finish!) it, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one expressing gratitude.

As for my 2016 goals:
-Keep up with all the various therapies for my chronic health issues (CPAP, allergy shots, dietary modifications, UV avoidance/protection) to minimize flareups and be as healthy as possible
-Work my way back to being able to walk a mile without spending the next day in pain
-Save up for transatlantic flights

Holly, I am finding that schools don't even know how to handle a child who is 1-2 years ahead, let alone further along (This being said from a teacher!). They offer differentiation, but really it's "more-rentiation". Both my older children are mildly/moderately gifted, and I suspect #3 is as well, but just too laid back to really care! Four seems to be a typical upper average child (he is the first to be going to school not knowing how to read, write and count, but is keen as mustard!). And Five seems bright and bossy, but she's only 2 and likes being the baby! School has not challenged the older two in the slightest.

What has frustrated me is that there is current literature out there that is super easy to find, and yet schools still hold these old myths about gifted learners - hence my determination to be better educated on the subject, and to better educate any of my colleagues that are actually willing to listen! smiley

Humm... Survive count as a goal? LOL

I have no goals for this year, I guess! Those who thought would think about it in January already made up their minds?

@Lorien - Yes! I haven't formalized mine yet, but hope to before the end of the month!

Oye, I didnt set a scrapbooking goal for 2016. Guess I'm needing to be thinking about that seeing as the first quarter of the year has passed...I'm so behind!

My goal is to survive smiley

I had a water damage, and for some reason the company fixing it are so so bad. So i am fighting a system i am not used to. I really hope they will finish everything before the summer is over..

And then i think my goal has to be to to make a digital layout and upload it here smiley

Kudos to you! I wish I could get into that habit.

My goals for 2016 are the same as last year's: reduce, reuse, recycle. I have too much and have a problem getting rid of things as I know that once I do I'm going to need it. Especially when it comes to altering items, as I do more than scrapbook. At least with digital scrapbooking, I can store everything without guilt!

To get healthier!

Adventure more! Spend more time out in nature enjoying the sun and the trees!