Globes Overlay 002

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Globes Overlay 002

I just downloaded this cute overlay today, but have found that it will not permit any layer colorization as the hue, saturation, color and luminosity are greyed out. Please advise. Thanks!

This template will require slightly more advanced recoloring since it has white involved. Due to where the images originally come from, designers can't always get something ideal, but they can give you what they work with.

While I can understand and appreciate the limitations of the original resources, however, I do not understand why the PNG template version that I downloaded cannot exhibit any colorization, especially the background or even to simulate the "Reading, Writing, And Arithmetic - Multi Colored Globe Paper" as shown here (https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/janet-scott/designs/reading-writing-and-arithmetic-multi-colored-globe-paper-asset-school-education) from which this template file was linked to "make my own paper like this one".

Again, the paint can options in PSE show this file to have no options for coloring at all because it is greyed out. Even if I didn't want to affect any of the globes, I can easily add any background "image" or "color" or "texture" as expected in this PNG file and that would have been fine for at least some color, but unfortunately, everything appears in some level of grey, which is pointless to using this as a template. I could have just downloaded the JPG template or color version. Thanks for checking into this... smiley

Cathy .... easy solution when you have this problem ... check the image 'mode' ... it is in greyscale ... you have to move it to RGB mode to get cololur .. I just downloaded it to take a look at it. Whenever you find an image that you can't adjust always go back and check the mode first ... it should always be in RGB mode in order to adjust it in anyway smiley ... these questions should maybe go into the digital scrapbooking forum or the software specific forum .. then there would be all sorts of answers for you smiley

You're right, Susan. Amazingly, I just discovered the image mode function about 4 hours ago and realized that was my solution but I do appreciate your response as confirmation that I was on the right track since I'm constantly learning new features about PSE that I've never been aware of previously since this program is still new to me and my proficiency is growing. There is still one question that remains. Once I change the image mode to RGB without applying any color nor other adjustments made in order to save it in the color mode for easy coloring in the future, this PNG file nearly doubles in size. Any ideas how this can be minimized or avoided without affecting the quality or resolution?

Thanks too for the specific direction to post my questions in either forum. I will certainly keep that in mind. However, my initial reasons when I post here is what I perceive to be a potential glitch in the downloaded file(s) that I'm seeking to be addressed. While most files I download are basically self explanatory and without issue, there are some occasions that include more complex features and layering that I'm unfamiliar with so there's a fine line to determine if the problem is my lack of understanding requiring assistance to clarify and resolve the problem versus a file that may have a legitimate issue or glitch that requires an adjustment, albeit a rare instance. I'm still quite new here to PS.

While I try to thoroughly examine files that seem to be "problematic" for me, it is a last resort for me to post as it's not my intention to inundate the forum with numerous questions that I'm capable of figuring out for myself. I'm very appreciative of any guidance I receive here and find it most beneficial. Thanks again for your helpful suggestions! smiley