For a long time we've been wanting some kind of notifications feature here at Pixel Scrapper: something that would let users know when someone has commented on one of their layouts, or replied to their forum post, etc. This feature request has gotten a lot of votes in the forums.
Well, we've been listening, and I'm pleased to say that I've been working hard to get an early version of this feature up and running! Like with most new features at Pixel Scrapper, this change will be gradually rolled out to all users: some people will start seeing notifications right away, and others will have to wait a bit while the system rolls out.
This is just an early version of the system, and I plan to make lots of additions and improvements, including notifications of when a another user mentions you in a comment, and optional email notification digests... for now let me know how you like the system, and if you encounter any bugs or problems (I'm sure there will be a few hiccups at first).
Currently the system provides notifications for:
- If a user hearts one of your layouts.
- If a user comments on one of your layouts.
- If a user replies to a forum topic that you started.
Notifications are NOT yet implemented for:
- A user replies to one of your comments on someone else's layout (you will only receive notifications for comments on your layouts--not replies in other places).
- A user replies in a forum topic that you have also replied to (you will only receive a notification if you started the forum topic).
- A user @mentions you in a post or comment (we hope to have notifications for that soon).
Click to get a drop-down list: